Blues Goalie Prospects

Plager05

Mar 17, 2002
Sewers
Visit site
Who do you all think has the most NHL upside out of Chris Beckford-Tseu, Konstantin Barulin, Ben Bishop and Reto Berra. What order would you rank them in? I figure at least one of these goalies turns out to be a pretty good starter.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Who do you all think has the most NHL upside out of Chris Beckford-Tseu, Konstantin Barulin, Ben Bishop and Reto Berra. What order would you rank them in? I figure at least one of these goalies turns out to be a pretty good starter.

Personally I'd rank them:
1) Reto Berra
2) Ben Bishop
3) Chris Beckford-Tseu

It's been no secret that Berra was one of my dark horse goaltending prospects to watch heading into the draft. The guy is very solid positionally and really showed his stuff at the World Juniors this past season. How dependable he is remains to be seen but I could easily see him being the best player to come out of Switzerland since Martin Gerber.

Bishop was solid although not spectacular at Maine last season. I think he has the tools to be a good goalie at the NHL level but with others like Schwarz and Berra in the system they would be wise to give him all 4 years at the NCAA level before signing him.

Beckford-Tseu definitely has the tools to be a good NHL goalie, but I really question his consistency which is why I have him lower then either Berra or Bishop.

I'm not sure what to think of Barulin to be honest. I really haven't had as much exposure to him as I have the other 3.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
i dont know if barulin ever comes over, but if he does he could be very good. he was very impressive in russia last season.

1. barulin
2. berra
3. bishop
4. beckford-tseu

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Proposal:
To Kings - Marek Schwarz
To Blues - Johathan Bernier