Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part X

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
I think Wong is an important part of the team going forward, but he needs to get his head on straight. Kind of disappointed with approach after signing the new contract.

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
Columbia is a fun town. Make sure you get pizza at Shakespeare's, sandwiches at Sub Shop, and make a few trips to Trops. That'll be a good start, but there are a bunch of other cool local spots. Media has been giving it a bad name, but embrace it and you'll see what it has to offer.

Shakespeare's is SOOOO overrated. Cool place (didn't they rebuild it/move it?) but the pizza isn't that good.

I agree on the latter two though, without a doubt!

I disagree on the media giving it a bad name. For it's size, it's become more crime ridden than St. Louis. City mindset is way out in left field. Quit building $180K park benches that look neat and hire more cops.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
wong is turning into a really awful baseball player ever since the ASG last season.

:sarcasm: nothing has changed since then

i feel sorry for him tbh. he had a amazing postseason in 2014 after choking in the world series the year before. then he started off so well in 2015, i thought he was worthy of a all star spot.

but once he didnt make the team, for whatever reason, wong has been a total trainwreck of a player. Mo resigning him for that money may end up a dumber deal than the allen craig one.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
To me, saying that Shakespeare's is good is like saying Imo's is good pizza.

Oh my, I've opened myself up to a hate fest. :popcorn:
giphy.gif

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I'm glad I'm not the only one who genuinely doesn't like Imo's. I'll eat it because even bad pizza is pretty damn good, but it is nothing special by any means and it's overpriced. So many better options.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Imo's is the equivalent of Papa Johns, Pizza Hut, Dominoes, etc. depending on how you rank those. It's convenient and deals can be found, but I typically don't go to those places much.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
I am not a Wong fan and never have been. He is far too emotional for such a humdrum game. I predicted wild inconsistency and nothing has changed. I hope he can turn it around, but I have my doubts.

-----------

RE: Pizza

I was in St. Louis a couple weeks ago and had an Imo's pizza, just because it's something I grew up eating. I was very disappointed and it was waaaaaay overpriced for a conveyor belt pizza.

The pizza I had at Dulany's on 21 and Kennerly was pretty damn good, though. $10 one topping during Blues and Cardinals games.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Because I'm bored at work, here's a stupid make-believe question for anyone to feel free to answer with their opinion. If you were the Blues GM and you had the 1st pick in the draft would you pick Matthews? Or a guy who will never be better than a 4th liner but can tell you the future of the franchise? All 30 teams know of this guys clairvoyance, so it's not a secret only to the Blues org. Do you take the legitimate fortuneteller, or the probable 1C in Matthews?

Goofy I know, but what the hell it's OT.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Because I'm bored at work, here's a stupid make-believe question for anyone to feel free to answer with their opinion. If you were the Blues GM and you had the 1st pick in the draft would you pick Matthews? Or a guy who will never be better than a 4th liner but can tell you the future of the franchise? All 30 teams know of this guys clairvoyance, so it's not a secret only to the Blues org. Do you take the legitimate fortuneteller, or the probable 1C in Matthews?

Goofy I know, but what the hell it's OT.

BPA. A fourth line fortune-teller is pretty worthless unless he can tell you the roster makeup of the Cup-winning club, which the GM can then assemble...provided those players are alive in his lifetime.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Yeah needs more details. If that player can tell you exactly what moves the team has to make to win a cup, you take him.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
BPA. A fourth line fortune-teller is pretty worthless unless he can tell you the roster makeup of the Cup-winning club, which the GM can then assemble...provided those players are alive in his lifetime.

That's what the fourth line grinder does, tells you the future like what free agents win the cup next year, so you know to sign that ****ing guy. **** like that, he's just not a very good player. My question was do you risk not taking a guy like this early because of what he can do, or do you go with the projected 1OA and leave it to chance.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
That's what the fourth line grinder does, tells you the future like what free agents win the cup next year, so you know to sign that ****ing guy. **** like that, he's just not a very good player. My question was do you risk not taking a guy like this early because of what he can do, or do you go with the projected 1OA and leave it to chance.

If Ott can tell me what guys are going to be the best pickups, like telling Army that Panarin is a guaranteed superstar and Army 100% knows that Ott can predict the future, then, I want Ott.

Since it's not a secret, we could never make a trade again, but we'd end up with the best free agents and draft picks.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I am not a Wong fan and never have been. He is far too emotional for such a humdrum game. I predicted wild inconsistency and nothing has changed. I hope he can turn it around, but I have my doubts.

-----------

RE: Pizza

I was in St. Louis a couple weeks ago and had an Imo's pizza, just because it's something I grew up eating. I was very disappointed and it was waaaaaay overpriced for a conveyor belt pizza.

The pizza I had at Dulany's on 21 and Kennerly was pretty damn good, though. $10 one topping during Blues and Cardinals games.

Ever had Dewey's? That's one of my other favorites.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I'm glad I'm not the only one who genuinely doesn't like Imo's. I'll eat it because even bad pizza is pretty damn good, but it is nothing special by any means and it's overpriced. So many better options.

What is overprice pizza there, here in lapland normal pizza's price is around 15e. If price goes under 10e then you could specu.ate something in taxes isn't fitting right.

Ofc at towns pizza could be cheaper under immigrant places.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad