Blues Claim President's Trophy

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
For the fourth time in the last five season's, the HFNHL St. Louis Blues have claimed the President's Trophy. With 116 points and three games to play, this represents likely the best regular season performance in the history of the storied franchise, and likely the best regular season record of any HFNHL team over the last five seasons.

Now will history repeat itself with another first round loss for snake-bitten Blues? In each of those seasons, and also in the one season St. Louis didn't finish 1st overall, the team has been bounced in the first round which continues to be one of the more confounding and improbable scenarios the HFNHL has seen (and there have been a few). In the five years previous, a more pedestrian and ascending Blues squad had advanced to the second round each year.

In other news, rumours abound the Blues will give back-up Patrick Lalime his first start of the season tomorrow in a home game against the lowly Minnesota Wild. The Blues have said they will play most of their starting line-up the rest of the way, including starter Jimmy Howard, as not to adversely impact the playoff races down the stretch. In past, the Blues have chosen to rest most key players in the final few games, so this is also a change in approach for the team, which comes as no surprise given the team's lack of playoff success.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
If you're lucky, the season will finish in this order, and you'll get to face me in Round 1. 5 of our 8 games went to OT, but you hold the edge on the season series, and I cam no longer pretend to understand the sim... My last two wins have come on autolines. :dunno:

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
If you're lucky, the season will finish in this order, and you'll get to face me in Round 1. 5 of our 8 games went to OT, but you hold the edge on the season series, and I cam no longer pretend to understand the sim... My last two wins have come on autolines. :dunno:

Then perhaps you are beginning to understand the SIM after all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad