GDT: Blues @ Canes: Battle Of The Cross Conference Twins

May 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
Who's the hotter team? Both teams have identical records of 34- 23-6. We currently sit at WC2. Other important games tonight BUF v.s. PIT, NYI v.s. WSH, MTL v.s. NYR. If everything goes according to plan we end the night back in 3rd place.

Forwards
Niederreiter-Aho-Williams
Ferland-Staal-Teravainen
Svechnikov-Martinook-McGinn
Foegele-McKegg-Maenalanen
Defense
Slavin-Hamilton
Pesce-Faulk
Fleury-van Riemsdyk
Goalies
McElhinney
Mrazek
Scratches: de Haan (upper body), Wallmark (healthy)

Last edited:

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
This game is like the end of a DBZ saga where Goku and the main villain finally power up their last ultimate attack and they let it fly.

Hope both teams give everything they have. Both these teams have been on fire. I want it to feel like the Stanley Cup Finals came early to Raleigh.

RaleighBlues

Feb 18, 2019
Raleigh, NC
Hoping for a great battle tonight between the Blues and Canes. OT point would help both teams, so that’s what I’m rooting for (and maybe a Tarasenko wrister for the OT win). ;)

First game at PNC for me and the family. Looking forward to it. My toddler son was a little let down when I told him most of the people would be rooting for the red team instead of the Blues tonight.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
These are the types of games Rod lived for in his day. He embraced the pressure, bathed in it, and rose to the challenge more often than not. I know he holds this group to the same standard. Just not sure they have what it takes, but the last 2 months tells me they will come out guns blazing.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
IMG_9369.JPG

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014

Looks like maybe only De Haan out. Although given the nature of his speculated injury (back spasms during a cooldown workout) he might be more of a game-time decision just being given rest.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
cant believe i am watching this clown show in person

Guaranteed loss as I'll be there with my brood as well. Clearly a 5-1 loss with Hainsey scoring 6.

The Canes have played almost an entire month on a “lose 1 game, win 3 games” cadence without deviating.

The team is on a 3 game win streak, and if the cadence continues this will be a regulation loss.

These type of comments means we have to kill somebody....just not sure who that would be....

Lurk Muller

Oct 11, 2018
This game is like the end of a DBZ saga where Goku and the main villain finally power up their last ultimate attack and they let it fly.

Hope both teams give everything they have. Both these teams have been on fire. I want it to feel like the Stanley Cup Finals came early to Raleigh.
If both teams are going to power up like in DBZ does that mean the actual games not going to happen until tomorrow?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad