Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Columbus:
Tyler Bozak
Vince Dunn
Jake Allen
2nd 2021
Conditional 1st 2022 (if Murray signs extension with Blues)

St. Louis:
Ryan Murray (50% retained from Columbus)

This is more of a move for the Blues to sign Pietrangelo long-term. Was going include Josh Anderson but I believe Columbus wants more for him plus Anderson is going to want a big payday.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
No way Murray has that much value.

Dunn is 3 years younger and has top pairing potential himself. Your also giving a guaranteed 2nd and 1st if murray signs back(which I'm presuming becomes a 2nd if he doesn't). Dunn + the 2 picks is too much to give for murray who is way to unreliable with his injuries.

On top of that your trading a great back up goalie(though pricey) to a team that does not need goaltending. Jackets would not want Allen better to trade him to a team with goaltending concerns.

Bozak should still be serviceable 3rd liner. Blues should not include him as a dump think he can still be traded for some picks by himself

Reactions: stl76

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Columbus:
Tyler Bozak
Vince Dunn
Jake Allen
2nd 2021

St. Louis:

This is more of a move for the Blues to sign Pietrangelo long-term. Was going include Josh Anderson but I believe Columbus wants more for him plus Anderson is going to want a big payday.

There's this thing called the salary cap.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
No way Murray has that much value.

Dunn is 3 years younger and has top pairing potential himself. Your also giving a guaranteed 2nd and 1st if murray signs back(which I'm presuming becomes a 2nd if he doesn't). Dunn + the 2 picks is too much to give for murray who is way to unreliable with his injuries.

On top of that your trading a great back up goalie(though pricey) to a team that does not need goaltending. Jackets would not want Allen better to trade him to a team with goaltending concerns.

Bozak should still be serviceable 3rd liner. Blues should not include him as a dump think he can still be traded for some picks by himself

nearly 10 mil for a 3C and backup is shockingly bad. they are both cap dumps.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I see what the OP is trying to do but that package aint happening. I do think he has identified some of the players that have to go to keep Petro.

Basically Bozak and Allen have to move. 5mil+4.35mil = 9.35.

If I lost Petro because I had to keep those two I'd shoot myself. Dunn as a bribe to take one of them is an idea. I'd suggest Dunn+Allen for a cheap backup and Bozak and picks to be rid of him or some variation of those parts.

This does seem like an easy fix for Armstrong. Thank god both guys are still serviceable players if a little overpaid.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
They’re not dumping both Bozak and Allen on some team with a flat cap. They’ll have to be moved out in separate deals.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I see what the OP is trying to do but that package aint happening. I do think he has identified some of the players that have to go to keep Petro.

Basically Bozak and Allen have to move. 5mil+4.35mil = 9.35.

If I lost Petro because I had to keep those two I'd shoot myself. Dunn as a bribe to take one of them is an idea. I'd suggest Dunn+Allen for a cheap backup and Bozak and picks to be rid of him or some variation of those parts.

This does seem like an easy fix for Armstrong. Thank god both guys are still serviceable players if a little overpaid.

it would take a pick for somebody to take Bozak?

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
it would take a pick for somebody to take Bozak?
It might? He's coming off 27 points in 66 games, 38 in 72 the season before that. It's not a good look. I am wary of using the term negative value because it usually proves false but he is not that attractive a contract. It is only 1 more year at 5 mil so a team really weak at C might bite, not many on HF will give anything up for him though :P

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Columbus:
Tyler Bozak
Vince Dunn
Jake Allen
2nd 2021

St. Louis:

So why wouldn't CBJ offer Hall 9m instead and keep Murray?
At least if you are trading Allen show the effort to a team that could actually play Allen and not be the 3g.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
I would do that.

I wouldn't to be honest. In my opinion Dunn is worth a 1st + 'something'. The something part depends on the pick. Allen isn't worth a lot, but I don't think he has negative value: probably in the range of a 4th-5th. At worst we give Allen away for free.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I wouldn't to be honest. In my opinion Dunn is worth a 1st + 'something'. The something part depends on the pick. Allen isn't worth a lot, but I don't think he has negative value: probably in the range of a 4th-5th. At worst we give Allen away for free.
I see your point. Perhaps I am just in desperation mode concerning Pietrangelo. I am at the point where it is "whatever it takes". I love Dunn, but if it means giving him up to keep our Captain, I would do it. If a sweetener has to be involved to ship out Allen, (and I acknowledge your point that it may not be necessary), how about Perunovich instead of Dunn?

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I would do that.

Deal.

The cap dump can be either Allen, Steen or Bozak. Up to St-Louis to decide but Dunn has to be included

I see your point. Perhaps I am just in desperation mode concerning Pietrangelo. I am at the point where it is "whatever it takes". I love Dunn, but if it means giving him up to keep our Captain, I would do it. If a sweetener has to be involved to ship out Allen, (and I acknowledge your point that it may not be necessary), how about Perunovich instead of Dunn?

Dunn has to be included

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018

I'm not that desperate. In my opinion the Faulk and new Scandella contract can mean 2 things: either Army thinks Petro will not sign or he has a plan and probably knows more than we do. Maybe Steen wants to retire? We know multiple teams have inquired about Allen last summer. Maybe one of Gunnarsson or Bortuzzo will be traded. Maybe something around Jaden Schwartz (although I would be sceptical about that)? Maybe there will be a compliance buy-out?

Army has pulled a rabbit out of his hat before, I expect he has a good idea how to work this all out. I don't feel we have to pay any ransom. In worst case we retain a bit.

I know you're not as high on Perunovich as some others are. Mikkola has a higher floor but Perunovich ceiling is the highest of all Blues prospects and isn't someone we should trade. Staying a contender is all about managing contracts, we need good young players on cheap-ish contracts (especially if they're not expansion-draft eligible) to balance the more expensive contracts. Trading Perunovich would be a big mistake.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Deal.

The cap dump can be either Allen, Steen or Bozak. Up to St-Louis to decide but Dunn has to be included

How about no cap dump at all? As I said I think Dunn's value is a 1st round pick + 'something'. That 'something' could be a decent prospect (not named Romanov, I know you're not going to do that ;-) ) or an additional pick to level things out, a 2020 2nd maybe? I prefer not to add a rosterplayer as every penny counts towards the cap.

I know you're not going to give up a top-10 pick in 2020, but we could do something around your 2021 first round pick. It's a bit of a gamble, but if all goes well for you guys (team still in development) that pick will land somewhere in the 15-20 range.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
How about no cap dump at all? As I said I think Dunn's value is a 1st round pick + 'something'. That 'something' could be a decent prospect (not named Romanov, I know you're not going to do that ;-) ) or an additional pick to level things out, a 2020 2nd maybe? I prefer not to add a rosterplayer as every penny counts towards the cap.

I know you're not going to give up a top-10 pick in 2020, but we could do something around your 2021 first round pick. It's a bit of a gamble, but if all goes well for you guys (team still in development) that pick will land somewhere in the 15-20 range.

If you prefer it that way, we can do 2021 top 10 protected and we give you back your second round pick in 2020 on top of it.

I have no issues doing that deal.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
If you prefer it that way, we can do 2021 top 10 protected and we give you back your second round pick in 2020 on top of it.

I have no issues doing that deal.

Make it your second 2020 2nd-round pick and I'm okay with it. :)

So if Army decides to trade Dunn:
- 2021 1st round pick (top 10 protected)
- 2020 2nd round pick (second 2nd round Habs pick)

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Jackets decline. Blues built this mess
This is the reason Alex P is leaving

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Jackets decline. Blues built this mess
This is the reason Alex P is leaving

It doesn’t sound like Pietrangelo wants to leave

“Army (Blues GM Doug Armstrong) said the same thing at the beginning, our goal is to try and get something done here,” Pietrangelo said. “That’s been the goal from the beginning. We’ve both said the same thing. That’s both of our mindsets.’’

Reactions: Robtom18

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad