Half-Assed GDT: Blues Avs

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Another tough loss in this brutal season. Sucks that we are going to come just short of the playoffs.

Buchnevich, Kyrou and Saad really let the team down tonight. They needed to be better.

Reactions: TheDizee

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
His lines changed pretty drastically post tdl. Our 2nd wave of wingers doesn’t give me much hope in terms of production. I’ll put some of the blame on that. Would love to see him with Rhomas and Schenn or Thomas and Neighbors
true. now need to split 18 and 25.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
The emotional roller coaster of hockey fans 😊😊

The Blues should lose this game maybe 7 or 8 times out of 10. They are the inferior team.

I like the thought of Bolduc, Dvorsky,, Snuggerud, & Neighbors in the lineup. Still waiting to see what Dean can do in the NHL.

I just don’t know what the fix can be for the defense.

Fitrix

Mar 25, 2019
The emotional roller coaster of hockey fans 😊😊

The Blues should lose this game maybe 7 or 8 times out of 10. They are the inferior team.

I like the thought of Bolduc, Dvorsky,, Snuggerud, & Neighbors in the lineup. Still waiting to see what Dean can do in the NHL.

I just don’t know what the fix can be for the defense.
You have to think that even without team changes, Faulk gets back to being his normal self. He just has not looked the same since getting injured early on.

But also have to hope someone gets moved, but the obvious NTC debacle is the problem with that hope.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
You have to think that even without team changes, Faulk gets back to being his normal self. He just has not looked the same since getting injured early on.

But also have to hope someone gets moved, but the obvious NTC debacle is the problem with that hope.

I don’t expect anything more from Faulk for the rest of his career

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Make Kyrou cry again...he plays better when his back is against the wall.

Or play Zach Dean in Kyrou's place.

Kyrou was perhaps the worst player on the ice for the Blues in that game. Poor penalty that led to the tying goal and a non-factor the rest of the game. We needed our best players to step up to win a game against Colorado and Kyrou (along with Buch and Thomas to a lesser extent) failed to do that. Dude looks like Vrana out there lately.

Last edited:

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Make Kyrou cry again...he plays better when his back is against the wall.

Or play Zach Dean in Kyrou's place.
hes a overpaid underperforming high maintenance crybaby and the entire fanbase is sick of his act. we went from people lead by example like steen, jbo and backes to crybaby floaters like kyrou, woof. hopefully he gets his ass booed all the way to the airport this offseason so another fanbase can deal with his coasting act.

Jordan-Kyrou-tears.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Ranksu

TurgPavs

Jan 7, 2019
I don’t expect anything more from Faulk for the rest of his career
Guy went from being out the rest of the season, per Rivers, to coming of the IR in a couple of weeks.
Both injuries this season are related.
Would not be surprised at all, if its announced after the season that he needs surgery.

hes a overpaid underperforming high maintenance crybaby and the entire fanbase is sick of his act. we went from people lead by example like steen, jbo and backes to crybaby floaters like kyrou, woof. hopefully he gets his ass booed all the way to the airport this offseason so another fanbase can deal with his coasting act.
Agree with this. Guy is built for a rush offense, and gives two turds about playing two way hockey.
The fact he will almost come to a stop instead of going into the corner is just unreal.

Reactions: TheDizee and Fitrix

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis

Jordan-Kyrou-tears.jpg

Give me a few more Jake Neighbors type players for what they spend on #25.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
Was actually fairly impressed they went to toe to toe with the Avs in a playoff-like game. Idiotic play by Buch on the GWG. Just had to lead Parayko or throw it rinkwide off the boards and they break out easily. Badddd mistake at the wrong time to the wrong line.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
We're venturing into "worst of both worlds" territory right now. We're not in the playoffs, but could be, but we could easily fall just short. Springfield is in the same boat. Both teams missing the playoffs wouldn't be disaster, but I would really like at least one of the two teams playing a little bit of postseason hockey for the experience instead of sitting at home.

ExtremeColdWeather

Sponsor
Jul 24, 2020
UIO
Good effort in general against a good team, although struggled a lot against Colorado's pressure and speed. Hopefully with some reinforcements we can climb back soon, I don't think this team is that far away from being dangerous again.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
We're venturing into "worst of both worlds" territory right now. We're not in the playoffs, but could be, but we could easily fall just short. Springfield is in the same boat. Both teams missing the playoffs wouldn't be disaster, but I would really like at least one of the two teams playing a little bit of postseason hockey for the experience instead of sitting at home.
15th pick here we come!

Reactions: TheDizee

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
What a brutal turnover by Buchnevich on the GWG. Don't understand what he was trying to do there. The pass wasn't even on the mark so it was an easy steal for Nichushkin.

Also didn't like the penalty from Kyrou, that's a lazy play by him.

I thought Thomas was pretty good despite no points, he created several good opportunities and had a few chances himself.

Reactions: Blueston

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Didn't get to see this one but I can't say I"m at all surprised by that result. Colorado is a much better team so I think it says a lot that this group of players was able to hang with them.

Now, will they hang their heads and sulk and lose the next few games, or will they bounce back and stay in the playoff conversation?

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Would you prefer to collect your full annual salary for seven months of work or for nine months of work? LOL

The whole org has got this hockeying thing figured out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad