Half-Assed GDT: Blues/Avs NBCSN Yay

Status
Not open for further replies.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010

Love seeing Parayko get under their skin tonight. He fared pretty darn well in his first fight. It looked like he was fighting not to get injured (hand punching helmet) for the first half, then just had enough of it and decided to throw a few. For someone who has never fought before, he sure did get the helmet off very quickly. He's already very strong, but after this summer he could potentially put in another 10 pounds.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I think Allen get injured that situation where Pietrangelo get hooking penalty. Allen akwarly/slowly try to move up and have to hold it down, looks like his left groin problem is back. Not looking good. :shakehead

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Love seeing Parayko get under their skin tonight. He fared pretty darn well in his first fight. It looked like he was fighting not to get injured (hand punching helmet) for the first half, then just had enough of it and decided to throw a few. For someone who has never fought before, he sure did get the helmet off very quickly. He's already very strong, but after this summer he could potentially put in another 10 pounds.

To quote Shawn Thornton, “Listen. It’s not about how many times you beat somebody up. It’s about how many times you don’t get beat up. You don’t always have to win. Just don’t lose.â€
http://www.theplayerstribune.com/milan-lucic-letter-to-boston-bruins/

I don't think this was Parayko's first fight ever, he did play juniors in canada afterall. It was certainly his first NHL fight tho and he didn't lose. In fact he did pretty well for himself.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
if some meanness can come out of Parayko, he will be a complete absolute stud. He already is a stud as it is, but if he can let out some mean, you guys have yourself a soon to be monster. Skates well, smart, moves puck well, can run a PP, can kill penalties all night etc etc... if he can add "intimidating/scary" to his resume, then you guys will be the envy of all teams having him for the next decade

If it wasn't for this rare and high scoring group of rookies in the NHL, Parayko would have the Calder by a landslide

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I've still got a nagging complaint about Parayko's clapper. He turns his blade over so much, like I can't believe he doesn't snap his stick every time. I haven't paid attention to his stick but I hope he gets a custom stick made, no way he's not losing velocity on that shot. When he kept the blade open, it was an absolute cannon but was high and wide. Now it's on goal but looks significantly weaker...for Parayko

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
To quote Shawn Thornton, “Listen. It’s not about how many times you beat somebody up. It’s about how many times you don’t get beat up. You don’t always have to win. Just don’t lose.â€
http://www.theplayerstribune.com/milan-lucic-letter-to-boston-bruins/

I don't think this was Parayko's first fight ever, he did play juniors in canada afterall. It was certainly his first NHL fight tho and he didn't lose. In fact he did pretty well for himself.

Yea I thought he did fine,looked a bit timid but that's ok.we have other players who are more willing to play that way.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Then Allen decided to **** the bed in the playoffs. He's more prone to bad games than Elliott is.

Allen would had to have posted 3 shutouts for the Blues to even have a chance at winning that series. The offense crapped the bed. Not Allen.

Saw many goalies let in a few bad goals. Bishop, Lundqvist, Crawford... They all do. One or two or even three or more goals a series they let in are bad. The OFFENSE picks them up.

Much like how Allen's play the first half of the season is the only reason the Blues are where they are. He has more than made up for the lack of O the first half of the season. He picks up the team a lot. Just like Elliott. Elliott has played great.

The point is, all this goalie hate is dumb. Both are capable and both have beat top teams (Though Ells really hasn't beat any top teams consistently until this season). I like both and don't care who starts. What I DO care about is who will show up on O for this team. That should be the only concern any Blues fan has.

But alas, I expect the Blues to score 1-2 goals a game and everyone will blame the goalie.... again.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
I don't want to see Parayko fighting unless he absoluetly must b/c the opposition is goading him. The last thing we need is for him to break his hand in some meaningless regular season fight. Roy seemed to have some his players targeting Parayko last night...tells you alot about how they view his effectiveness. They want to get him off his game or get him into the penalty box.

There is pretty much zero fighting in the PO's unless it's a blowout game.

Parayko can do many things to impose his physicality, smarts and game without fighting. He seems to do them well.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Did anybody else agree with the Steen/Schwartz swap? I sure did, the Lehtera was getting abused every game with Schwartz on the left wing. Colorado may not be good but Steen had a noticeable impact on that lines ability and Schwartz sped up the Berglund/Backs line. I'll be happy to see that swap stick

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
But alas, I expect the Blues to score 1-2 goals a game and everyone will blame the goalie.... again.

I'll blame goaltenders if there is reason for it. This season they have been brickwalls both, but recently Elliott was shaky leaf against Boston and last night Allen get injured, doesn't look good when we're 2,5 weeks from playoffs, timing is key.

Dbrownss said:
Did anybody else agree with the Steen/Schwartz swap? I sure did, the Lehtera was getting abused every game with Schwartz on the left wing. Colorado may not be good but Steen had a noticeable impact on that lines ability and Schwartz sped up the Berglund/Backs line. I'll be happy to see that swap stick

I think that move great by Hitch, I'll give him nod to that. Lehterä need some help and Steen is clearly better fit compare to Schwartz which isn't clearly 100% yet.

I think Steen looked a little bit faster last night compare to other games after he has come back for his injury, his leg movement looked sharp and light.

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
Allen would had to have posted 3 shutouts for the Blues to even have a chance at winning that series. The offense crapped the bed. Not Allen.

Saw many goalies let in a few bad goals. Bishop, Lundqvist, Crawford... They all do. One or two or even three or more goals a series they let in are bad. The OFFENSE picks them up.

Much like how Allen's play the first half of the season is the only reason the Blues are where they are. He has more than made up for the lack of O the first half of the season. He picks up the team a lot. Just like Elliott. Elliott has played great.

The point is, all this goalie hate is dumb. Both are capable and both have beat top teams (Though Ells really hasn't beat any top teams consistently until this season). I like both and don't care who starts. What I DO care about is who will show up on O for this team. That should be the only concern any Blues fan has.

Allen wasn't the problem early in the series. Terrible play by the forwards and defense was the problem. Allen was horrific, though, in Games 5 and 6.

He completely deflated his team with weak goal after weak goal. Blues were flying in Game 5 and led 1-0 until Allen wet the bed.

Everyone played a huge role in that series loss to Minnesota. No need to let Allen off the hook. He was outplayed by Dubnyk.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Allen wasn't the problem early in the series. Terrible play by the forwards and defense was the problem. Allen was horrific, though, in Games 5 and 6.

He completely deflated his team with weak goal after weak goal. Blues were flying in Game 5 and led 1-0 until Allen wet the bed.

Everyone played a huge role in that series loss to Minnesota. No need to let Allen off the hook. He was outplayed by Dubnyk.

What I learned from this post...
- Scoring 1 goal in a game is "flying"

- The Blues are mentally weak.

- Allen is the reason the Blues didn't score more goals in the playoffs last season.

- You expect a shutout every game and if not, you can blame the goalie for the lack of offense because not having a shutout deflates the team.

Got it.

Hope you hold Ells to the same standards and aren't just a hater.

hatersgonnahate_05d460_3317189.jpg

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
I focused in on Erik Johnson last night.

Wow he still isn't very good. Nice shot, that's about it. Such low hockey IQ.

Just saw he signed a 7 year, 42 mil extension that starts next year. Woof.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
hockeyfights.com has Parayko as the clear winner :laugh:

Well, I mean he was. It wasn't a typical fight, but not a hugfest either. Parayko used his leverage and long arms to keep Landeskog from even getting near him - then Parayko decided to throw a few and got Landeskog's helmet off fairly easily. None really landed though.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
The Blues were deffinently "flying" after Vladi scored, then Allen went all Data's sister(????) Against Scandella, and the Blues looked completely defeated. Steen missed 2 or 3 wide open nets and the Wild made them pay....

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
What I learned from this post...
- Scoring 1 goal in a game is "flying"

- The Blues are mentally weak.

- Allen is the reason the Blues didn't score more goals in the playoffs last season.

Got it.

What I learned from your post is that the goalie is never at fault. Ever. Especially if the offense only scores one goal. Doesn't matter how many weak goals are allowed.

I urge you to re-watch Games 5 and 6. Just because I bash Allen for wetting the bed doesn't make me a hater. I just pointed out the facts. That is all.

I could also mention that Brian Elliott let us down in Games 5 and 6 against LA in 2013. I guess I hate both goalies. I must love Anders Nilsson, right!?

And I wouldn't disagree that the Blues are mentally weak. Haven't seen anything in the playoffs to suggest otherwise.

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
The Blues were deffinently "flying" after Vladi scored, then Allen went all Data's sister(????) Against Scandella, and the Blues looked completely defeated. Steen missed 2 or 3 wide open nets and the Wild made them pay....

Thank you. The Blues were absolutely dominating early in Game 5. I thought for sure we would destroy the Wild in that game once Vladi scored and following the Game 4 blowout.

And yes, they definitely missed open chances. That is why I say everyone is at fault. I don't put it all on Allen. I just include Allen because he is at fault too. Can't wet the bed like he did. Also can't miss open nets like Steen did.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
last year is last year. lets get ready to watch them choke this year :D

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
What I learned from your post is that the goalie is never at fault. Ever. Especially if the offense only scores one goal. Doesn't matter how many weak goals are allowed.

I urge you to re-watch Games 5 and 6. Just because I bash Allen for wetting the bed doesn't make me a hater. I just pointed out the facts. That is all.

I could also mention that Brian Elliott let us down in Games 5 and 6 against LA in 2013. I guess I hate both goalies. I must love Anders Nilsson, right!?

And I wouldn't disagree that the Blues are mentally weak. Haven't seen anything in the playoffs to suggest otherwise.

Goalie isn't at fault when they are required to get a shutout in 3 games of 6 games played (that's half) for the team to even sniff a victory. Nope, can't blame the goalie for lack of scoring sorry.

Good teams pick up their goalie much like how the goalies (Allen AND Elliott (Crazy I know how I like both of them and don't take sides)) have picked this team up for lack of offense all season long.

Great to see the O coming on as of late. Going to need that in the playoffs. There's no question Allen and Elliott are capable of giving this team a W every night no matter who is in net.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA

For the record it was his "daughter" (a new android that he himself created)

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
Goalie isn't at fault when they are required to get a shutout in 3 games of 6 games played (that's half) for the team to even sniff a victory. Nope, can't blame the goalie for lack of scoring sorry.

Good teams pick up their goalie much like how the goalies (Allen AND Elliott (Crazy I know how I like both of them and don't take sides)) have picked this team up for lack of offense all season long.

Great to see the O coming on as of late. Going to need that in the playoffs. There's no question Allen and Elliott are capable of giving this team a W every night no matter who is in net.

Perhaps Allen doesn't need to get a shutout in Game 5 if he doesn't wet the bed and make it a 1-1 game and deflate his team. Perhaps the Blues continue to fly in that first period if Allen makes that save and the game winds up being exactly like the one we watched last night. Weak goals can change the tide like we saw in that Game 5.

Again, no reason to let Allen off the hook. He was terrible in Games 5 and 6. I'm not sure why you give him a pass.

The entire team played poorly in that series and everyone shares in the blame.

BTW, why mention that you like both goalies? No one cares. We all like both goalies. We're Blues fans. Stop making it an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad