GDT: Blues at Leafs - Tuesday 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

horner

May 22, 2007
I agree with the sentiment of what Reaves was saying. He probably didn't say it the way people want to hear it, but what I heard was that people need to be held accountable for their actions.

You show boat or decide to be classless, someone is coming for you. You stick a guy behind the play, someone is coming for you. If the league and officials will not police the game to the players code, they will, and they should. On the flip side, if you cross the line in your payback, you too will have to pay the price be that on the ice or from the league.

I am not advocating for cross-checking anyone in the head, but, a lot of guys who pull moves like that will not stand up for themselves when challenged. They will turtle. So, because of that the offended players have to approach things a little differently since they will rarely be offered a face to face settling of the matter.

I have always felt "if you give it you have to be able to take it" is the way to be. So, if you are going to take a cheap shot of whatever, but are not willing to stand up to the challenge, f*** off and continue to be the loser bitch you really are. Nothing worse than a fake tough guy... nothing.
When other teams play Ottawa and it goes to OT the player should take a slap shot at the open net .
Next year I hope we do .

Just run 5 forwards. Might actually improve our PP
Bertuzzi in the crease try it keeke

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Whether or not you agree with what Rielly did, the Leafs still have to use it as a springboard to turn around this season.

Starts tonight. Simply have to play better at home.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Whether or not you agree with what Rielly did, the Leafs still have to use it as a springboard to turn around this season.

Starts tonight. Simply have to play better at home.
For the fiftieth time this stretch is their last chance for the core to prove themselves.

Just run 5 forwards. Might actually improve our PP
Marner at the point dipsy-doodling would almost guarantee a shorty against.

Last edited:

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
For fiftieth time this stretch is their last chance to prove themselves.

Marner at the point dipsy-doodling would almost guarantee a shorty against.
They don't need to prove themselves.

They just need to start playing better at home. Who knows? Maybe this year is just a lost year.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Hoping Brodie and Liljegren work well together. That way when we get a defenceman to play with Rielly you have two other pretty solid pairings of Brodie - Liljegren and Benoit - McCabe.
It’s got all the makings of a brutal pairing, at this stage in his career Brodie’s useless, and Lilly’s not fully recovered from the high ankle sprain……

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
In past years, when key guys were out (be it Matthews or Rielly), the dropped into a much more defensive system and actually produced more wins (their record last season with Rielly out was off the charts). I think the question is whether they have the personnel to do that as successfully as they have in the past. I guess we'll see whether or not they have in fact tuned out Keefe....

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
They don't need to prove themselves.

They just need to start playing better at home. Who knows? Maybe this year is just a lost year.
Even though its always been assumed they’d take a step back this season, if they don’t respond and make and play well in the playoffs, then I think the core will finally be split up.

In past years, when key guys were out (be it Matthews or Rielly), the dropped into a much more defensive system and actually produced more wins (their record last season with Rielly out was off the charts). I think the question is whether they have the personnel to do that as successfully as they have in the past. I guess we'll see whether or not they have in fact tuned out Keefe....
Last year Brodie was playing well and Rielly was struggling. Then the playoffs came and that reversed. After Brodie came back from injury, he’s been brutal.

Reactions: Jojalu

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Even though its always been assumed they’d take a step back this season
We were not supposed to take a step back this season. We were set up to be a top tier team again.
It's really disappointing watching people revise history to hand wave away wasting a season in the middle of our core's prime.

Reactions: Gallagbi and Jojalu

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
When are you going to split Tavares and Nylander Keefe? Driving me crazy...
At this point it’s pretty clear the answer is never. A blind and deaf person could tell their play styles don’t mesh. We had one preseason game where JT was with grinders and the line looked pretty damn good. Not sure what happened

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
There are not a lot of options.

Aside from the three stars there’s never been a lot of talent in the forwards.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Having Tavares and Nylander on the same line isn't really the issue. Having Tavares and Bertuzzi on the same line is the issue. Nylander and Tavares don't have ideal synergy, but they are capable of being effective with each other if they stay within their roles on the line, and have a linemate with supporting attributes. The issue is that Bertuzzi's only real use as a supporting player is in a net-front role that Tavares already fills.

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
Having Tavares and Nylander on the same line isn't really the issue. Having Tavares and Bertuzzi on the same line is the issue. Nylander and Tavares don't have ideal synergy, but they are capable of being effective with each other if they stay within their roles on the line, and have a linemate with supporting attributes. The issue is that Bertuzzi's only real use as a supporting player is in a net-front role that Tavares already fills.
Bertuzzi has not been anywhere close to living up to his contract, but he is more useful than what you say he is. He is also good on the forecheck and being disruptive in the ozone. Also, I wonder if he still would have signed here if he knew that his PP time would be minimal at best.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Bertuzzi has not been anywhere close to living up to his contract, but he is more useful than what you say he is. He is also good on the forecheck and being disruptive in the ozone. Also, I wonder if he still would have signed here if he knew that his PP time would be minimal at best.
He has been give dozens of quality scoring chances by his linemates and has flubbed so many tap ins and easy goals. His lack of production is all on him. Laughable that he should get playing time ahead of the core 4 on the PP. He gets whatever is left over on the 2nd unit and rightly so. He's been trash.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
There are not a lot of options.

Aside from the three stars there’s never been a lot of talent in the forwards.
There is a lot more options if you split them up, then if u force them together when it clearly hasnt worked for 20+ games or so. Nylander need to be the go to guy on his line and Tavares on his. 2a 2b lines. Domi Nylander Robertson, Bert Tavares Holmberg,
Let them have some games away from each other. Both need to be free to play there style the best they can. Can it be worse then it is, it probably can, but i would take the gamble.

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
It'll be good to see Lily get some pp time. I still have hope he can become a solid 3/4.
It's too bad he suffered that high ankle sprain, which can take a very long time to come back fully healthy from. I have a feeling that with Tre having gone to watch/scout the Blues play the Sabres, along with the fact that we will be playing them two times in the next week, leads me to believe there may be a significant trade between the two teams about to happen.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad