Blues apparently interested in Dubynk

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitaraholic*

""I’ve heard a lot of people say that this year’s draft is nowhere near as strong as last year’s draft," Blues scouting director Jarmo Kekalainen said Friday afternoon. "I’d prefer to say last year was very, very good, but not downgrade what we have in front of us in this year’s draft.

"To me, five years down the road, we’ll probably still be talking about enough players to show that every draft had a good amount of talent if you put your names in the right order."

Kekalainen said that you could characterize the strength of this year’s draft in goal, where as many as six goaltenders could go in the first round. Some pundits predict that the Blues are very high on Devan Dubnyk from Calgary of the Western Hockey League.

Jarmo also said two key points were made in this year’s Stanley Cup finals.

"I think we were all reminded just how important having great goaltending is in the playoffs," Kekalainen said. "Secondly, Martin St. Louis reminded us that the size of a player’s heart cannot be overlooked because he wasn’t 6-4, 220 pounds."

http://www.stlblues.com/columnists/lw_home.html

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Some pundits predict that the Blues are very high on Devan Dubnyk

Obviously those pundits weren't either aware, or taking into consideration that the Blues had just aquired "Cash" when that was said.

degroat*

Legionnaire said:
Obviously those pundits weren't either aware, or taking into consideration that the Blues had just aquired "Cash" when that was said.

From the linked article:

Pleau said the acquisition of Bacashihua would not preclude the Blues from picking another goaltender high in the draft on Saturday here at the RBC Arena in Raleigh, N.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad