Confirmed with Link: Blues agree to terms with Barbashev on 3-year ELC

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Some one posted the rules in the trade section. Basically they have to be invited to a camp and signed to a deal before Major Juniors Starts.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Who would be a good NHL comparison for Barbashev? Past or present player.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Apologies. Learn something new every day :laugh:

No need to apologize lol I didn't know it 3 days ago lol

Here's what was posted

8.9 Eligibility for Play in the League.*No Player shall be eligible for play in the League unless he:*
(a) had been claimed in the last Entry Draft, or was ineligible for claim under Section 8.4; or*
(b) had been eligible for claim in the last Entry Draft, but was unclaimed, and:*
(i) had played hockey in North America the prior season and was age 20 or older at the time of the last Entry Draft, and signed an SPC which was signed and registered with the League between the conclusion of the Entry Draft and commencement of the next NHL Season.*
(ii) had played hockey in North America the prior season and was under age 20 at the time of the last Entry Draft, and signed an SPC which was signed and registered with the League between the conclusion of the Entry Draft and commencement of the Major Juniors season (except that if such Player had signed an NHL try-out form, which was signed and registered with the League during the aforesaid time period, then the deadline for signing and registering with the League an SPC with such try-out Club shall be the commencement of the NHL Season).*
(iii) had played hockey outside of North America in the prior season and was age 22 or older at the time of the last Entry Draft and signed an SPC which was signed and registered with the League between the conclusion of the Entry Draft and the commencement of the next NHL Season.*
(iv) The words "eligible for claim in the last Entry Draft" in subparagraph (b) above mean "eligible for claim in all rounds of the last Entry Draft." The words "the prior season" in subparagraph (i), (ii) and (iii) above mean "a full season prior to the last Entry Draft."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad