Bluejackets for Gregory Campbell (E5)

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Only if we get his dad back in the league office making favourable suspension calls.

In truth, we fully expect to win precisely zero free agents in any round this summer.

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
I actually have a pretty ridiculous offer in for Campbell now that I look back.

Doug's offer, if the numbers are correct, are half his NHL deal. I would expect that he ends up somewhere for at least twice this reported amount, because I offered a touch more than he got paid in the NHL, and I would expect others have as well given the other deals floating around.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Greg Campbell 2,200,000 x 4 FLA

There's your answer. $600k over his NHL contract, but for an extra year which maybe balances it out. Sure hope for Brock's sake he steps up into a legit third-liner!

I did pretty well on the depth guys, though, so can't complain - both Johnson and Potulny will likely step right onto my 4th line for under $750k each, which is all Campbell was going to be doing.

This means I can now ice a cap-compliant team - yay! :D (It was looking like a near thing there for a minute).

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Greg Campbell 2,200,000 x 4 FLA

There's your answer. $600k over his NHL contract, but for an extra year which maybe balances it out. Sure hope for Brock's sake he steps up into a legit third-liner!

Yeah that's my hope. He's shown to be capable of it before and he's still a young guy in the prime of his career. He's also physical and great on faceoffs, which makes him very useful until those offensive stats come around again.

He'll actually probably be a 3rd liner for me this year, at least to start the year. I'm hurting for center depth, so it's likely I go with him down the middle on my 3rd line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad