Post-Game Talk: Blue Waffle

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKrangerfan

Apr 18, 2012
Anchorage
One positive I can take away from the game is that Kevin Hayes was virtually invisible. Looks like it was the right move to trade him.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
If there’s every was a homeless NHL player - Bonino looks like one with this rag around his neck but it’s besides the point.

The point is that while acknowledging his complete lack of offensive abilities and noting his PK and especially shot blocking contributions it’s imperative that he’s not hurting the team otherwise, and it hasn’t been the case for a little while now. He’s giving up own and neutral zone turnovers on bad passes, he doesn’t win any 50/50 battles and he has been committing penalties. That’s too high of a price and I’m sure if not for the injuries Bonino would be wearing street clothes if not being actually sent to Hartford.
disagree that he wasn’t hurting the team early on, he’s been this bad from day one. And I’m not sure he’d be out of the lineup if the team was fully healthy right now. I also don’t care because there are still better replacement options in Hartford right now, their hand isn’t being forced. NYR are actively deciding to use him and essentially guaranteeing they can’t score a goal for 5-10 minutes every game

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Breaking up a line that is working to try and work get another one going. We've been there, done that. THAT would be a Rongos thing to do.
No it wouldn't. The Rongos thing to do would be to let three lines continue to not work because we're treating a 50/50 GF% line like it's the French Connection. We're doing the Rongos thing.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
No it wouldn't. The Rongos thing to do would be to let three lines continue to not work because we're treating a 50/50 GF% line like it's the French Connection. We're doing the Rongos thing.

Or, it could end up with four lines not working. It can go (more) south just as easily as it could go north.

Anyway, the French Connection should have been Laf-Gauthier-Blais.

• Haha
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Or, it could end up with four lines not working. It can go (more) south just as easily as it could go north.

Anyway, the French Connection should have been Laf-Gauthier-Blais.
Then f***ing switch it back. Why do we act like experimenting with the lines a bit ends existence?

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
One positive I can take away from the game is that Kevin Hayes was virtually invisible. Looks like it was the right move to trade him.
I was for the trade but his brother's passing took the life out of him so i don't know if it's fair to critique him at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad