Blue Jackets Winners and Losers: December Edition

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Following a record-setting November in which they proved themselves to be serious contenders in the toughest division in hockey, the Columbus Blue Jackets somehow found a way to one-up themselves in the month of December. In addition to posting a fabulous 14-0-0 record, the Jackets outscored their opponents by a total of 56 goals to 25 and scored a league-leading 4.00 goals per game during the month. Selecting winners and losers from a team flying this high is a difficult task, and yet here they are: December’s winners and losers.

http://lastwordonhockey.com/2017/01/06/blue-jackets-winners-losers-december/

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Never have I ever seen the phrase "possibly elite offensive defenseman" next to Ryan Murray's name. Not to mention, his contract is about as perfect as it could be. Two years at a pretty low AAV is the farthest thing from a "mistake". What were we supposed to do, let him walk?

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
We played well but the streak is over... Thank god....

Now just play in a way to prep for the playoffs.....

Mimic the Babcock Red Wings, no adversity is to much to overcome.... Play to win not lose.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
If you had to pick to losers off the CBJ in December, you probably should have picked Prout and Harrington.

They didn't get to join in the fun.

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
Murray hasn't shown much offensive skill and maybe his production never aligns to his draft position, but I like him on the team. He gives you some security in case of injury and he's a skilled defender. Hoping they can resign him at a decent figure.

What I love is that there isn't ONE guy on the (active) team where you are saying to yourself "What is this guy doing on the team?" In past years there have been 3 of these guys minimum on each team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad