Blue Jackets vs Capitals, 11/18/23 @ 7:30

Michigan Magic

Nov 3, 2023
Hattiesburg
I don't think he ever was strong on pucks. This lazy avoiding contact style has always been his d zone coverage. The difference now is there is no Seth Jones to cover for him. He looks really bad and I doubt it improves. Unless he gets a better defenseman than him on his pair so he can rove.
Well he has plenty of time to wait with that FD up contract he has.Its not like he's going anywhere.

• Haha
Reactions: Napoli

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
I am kinda surprised Jarmo hasn't tried anything yet. I guess that shows ownership isn't putting any pressure on him.

I just don't know what we can do. But Vincent is certainly making some mistakes.
At least Jarmo can say it was another 1 goal loss and that the team should have more wins

Well he has plenty of time to wait with that FD up contract he has.
Going to be an absolute albatross in 2 years. Hoping Zach finds his game as that will bury this franchise for good if he doesnt.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Who do we have that can play “great”? Seriously; who?
Remember Jenner and Laine play the last two season. Or do you think PPG without TOP players in the maiden like certain players have/perfect play in front of the net etc (I'm talking general about players) is a bad game? How many goals/points would Marner, Matthews etc get in similar circumstances? And that's not even counting the oft-injured defenders.

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023
Can you think of any other ownership group that would allow this to keep happening?
Makes sense if you just handcuff him. Honestly I think he's basically been 'fired" which is why we haven't seen moves for the 3 defensive amigos. Its like in an office setting there is a guy who is a complete waste but he's about to retire so you can't fire him without everyone wanting to slam you for doing so what you do is put him in the corner and just let him sit there. Basically what I am saying I am sure Priest won't allow him to do ANYTHING to add to this team outside trading players for picks which is why we haven't seen a Peeke to Vancouver as they are obvious trading partners for us if we take back one of their extra forwards. Makes sense, what would changing a GM right now do? If we win, good...if we lose, another premium pick. April 17th comes around he gets booted out the door and only have to pay one year of his contract.

I honestly think Priest is currently the "shadow" GM right now and he has the true say in what happens.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
If I talked to a psychologist, I can't even tell him that I watch our games at night (1:00 - 4:00 am at our time zone). He'll send me to the psych ward as a masochist. I'd rather sleep.

EDIT: Of course I am and will be Columbus Blue Jackets fan. :thumbu:

giphy.gif

Last edited:

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
I was hopeful that Severson could somehow be a solid PPQB for a PP that has a right-handed shooter on left flank but now I'll admit I was wrong. Decision-making is too slow, not the greatest vision and doesn't have quick feet to change passing and shooting angles on the point. Boqvist, Jiricek and Blankenburg are all probably better options of the defensemen.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023
I'm sure he has shot, hands and vision for the job but feet work is the question mark for me, especially when he has puck and has to move laterally or backwards from a stand still.
Its a shame Boqvist can't play 3rd pairing offside without being an absolute burden in 5v5. That would solve alot of our PP issues

Reactions: thebus88

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Its a shame Boqvist can't play 3rd pairing offside without being an absolute burden in 5v5. That would solve alot of our PP issues
Yeah but he hasn't even been given any looks on PP when he's been in the lineup. Recchi and Vincent are so clueless.

At least I and bus have suggested forward experiment with Boqvist, I mean he could try playing wing in one of the two less effective forward lines and quarterback the PP1.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
You think yelling at people produces good results?

Well of course you would.

I mean, not yelling isn’t producing good results either.

And THE CBJ TEAM DID HAVE GOOD RESULTS WITH COACHES WHO YELLED

How did Laine respond getting called out by Larsen?? And maybe MORE IMPORTANTLY, what do you think Larsen said to Patty to make him upset??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad