Blue Jackets behind the draft video

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Thanks so much for posting!

I love this kind of stuff. How does video one only have 347 views? Wow, people need to wake up.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Thanks so much for posting!

I love this kind of stuff. How does video one only have 347 views? Wow, people need to wake up.
Two possibilities:
  • It was broadcast on local TV here, so perhaps a lot of folks caught it that way, and
  • the online streaming video version most folks were made aware of was on video.nhl.com.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Wright burning a scout on not seeing Zharkov play was hilarious.

Wonder which prospect got traded 3 days ''after they won'', that was an odd one.

Talking about size being similar but strength difference being huge and the kid is 17 years old, they must have been talking about Teravainen.

Last edited:

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Wright burning a scout on not seeing Zharkov play was hilarious.

Wonder which prospect got traded 3 days ''after they won'', that was an odd one.

Talking about size being similar but strength difference being huge and the kid is 17 years old, they must have been talking about Teravainen.

That tidbit about Zharkov was gold! lol

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Capitals did this back in 06 and you get to watch George McPhee basically tell his guys to pretend that they are doing something cause the Bruins wanted Backstrom.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
"We took 30 goals out of the lineup".

Yep even the GM's view Nash as a 30 goal scorer.

(/watches Ice Girls vid. yeah.)

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
DOes it talk about why they chose to reject the NYI's every pick for Murray proposal?

The only offer we hear is a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th for "a pick."

From other things, Howson's view was Murray or bust. He had assumed the Jackets lost Murray when Edmonton won the draft. One may agree or disagree, but to the Jacket's scouting staff Murray is heads and shoulders better than the other defensemen. Basically they were going to get him or trade out of the top-5 (maybe even top-10) and select someone like Forsberg (if available), Trouba or Dumba. He wasn't going to take Yakupov.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
There really should be a sticky that lists all these types of videos from all the teams.

I can turn this thread into that if you guys want, give it a new title and such. ''All 2012 behind the draft team video features'' or something.

The Leafs have a behind the draft show every year, so we know there's another one coming.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
The only offer we hear is a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th for "a pick."

From other things, Howson's view was Murray or bust. He had assumed the Jackets lost Murray when Edmonton won the draft. One may agree or disagree, but to the Jacket's scouting staff Murray is heads and shoulders better than the other defensemen. Basically they were going to get him or trade out of the top-5 (maybe even top-10) and select someone like Forsberg (if available), Trouba or Dumba. He wasn't going to take Yakupov.
Well, one could assume that if we had both the #1 and #2 picks then Yakupov would be a Blue Jacket under those circumstances. But that sort of thing doesn't happen unless you've got twin forwards at the top of a g-dawful draft. ;)

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Awesome, thanks for posting! Was hoping for a little more on the Yakupov/Murray/Galchenyuk thought process but I guess they wouldn't wanna make that stuff public

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad