OT: Blue Bombers Thread 2.0 - Home Playoff Game, Nov 12, 330PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
I have crapped in the bombers franchise for many many years now and I don't comment nicely on them at all. The gross mismanagement was beyond horrible.

But man they have a great team this year. They can do everything.
Score on offence (today aside) the defence is all World and their special team sis nearly lights out.

They are a serious grey cup threat this year.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Great to see the team find different ways to win. They've depended on the offense most of the year, nice to see defense and special teams step up big today.

Two huge potential longterm injuries though. Darvin Adams being out was a big reason the offense struggled, IMO. Speculation is that it might be the same injury that ended his season last year (broken collarbone). Hopefully not. And Moe Leggatt missing any time will be a killer on our defense. Post-game had broken leg or archilles speculation, but I consider those unlikely considering he made it off the field without a cart. But a broken ankle or knee problem could be season enders as well.

If Adams misses time we are looking at an offense without 3 of it's top 4 weapons out (Adams, Dressler, Flanders). That would not be good news.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Toronto chokes the game away in the final minute to prevent Bombers from clinching home playoff game this week. Luckily we can make them pay for that since now we have something to play for next week when we head to Toronto.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
There was a shot of Adams on the bench with some one consoling him he had the lock of some one who knew his injury was severe, losing Leggett is game changing on defense, win against the Argos hopefully injuries are not serious and we get some back for the playoffs.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
There was a shot of Adams on the bench with some one consoling him he had the lock of some one who knew his injury was severe, losing Leggett is game changing on defense, win against the Argos hopefully injuries are not serious and we get some back for the playoffs.

That was leggett being consoled. Adams was in street clothes.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Didn't see the Leggett injury was a the Jets game but before I left I'm pretty sure I saw Adams come out for the 2nd quarter in a hoody sitting on the bench being consoled

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Didn't see the Leggett injury was a the Jets game but before I left I'm pretty sure I saw Adams come out for the 2nd quarter in a hoody sitting on the bench being consoled
Innocent play, went up and caught the onside kick, came down, went to the ground and had a Lion roll over him. I was worried it was achilles as he was holding that area. Hopefully it's an ankle injury instead which should allow him to be playoff ready.

Reactions: bustamente

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

Bauming said he talked to Adams post game and Adams was in good spirits, but the speculation in the clubhouse was that it was his collarbone (same side and look as his season ending broken collarbone last year).

Leggatt we don't know. I know Bauming said the speculation was broken leg, but having broken my leg before I can guaran-f***ing-tee Leggatt does not try to get up on a broken leg, nevermind go off upright (ie no cart). Just no way. Also said people were maybe thinking archilles. To me considering Leggatt got up right after it looked like knee or ankle injury. But it's a wait and see.

Adams, Leggatt, and Nichols are the 3 players the Bombers absolutely cannot lose since none of them are at all replaceable in any sense by the current depth (Harris would be added as well, but only since Flanders is already on 6 game likely ending his season). Having two of them go down in same game is devastating.

I'm not surprised it happened against a Buono coached BC team. They are a really dirty team, with Awe being the dirtiest player brought into the league in a while.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
This team has been neutered down the stretch, playoffs bound happiness has soured for me, Bombers have just tweeted that Leggett is out for the season with an Achilles injury:(

Last edited:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
This team has been neutered down the stretch, playoffs bound happiness has soured for me, Bombers have just tweeted that Leggett is out for the season with an Achilles injury:(

This terrible terrible news. This will be interesting to see how this goes. Ian Wild is set to come back next week, so I guess they found his roster spot. I'm guessing they will be moving Santos-Knox out to SAM spot, as they have talked extensively about his range as a LB. It will be tested if this is the case. Other options I would guess include moving Heath or Walker to the SAM spot and moving Fogg into a starting spot on defense. Walker though left the game with his own injury and we have no word on his status either.

The heart of our defense is gutted. If Adams is also done we are in big big trouble on both sides of the ball.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013

Oh man, that's really bad news :(
Please can Adams not be badly injured as well

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
So after his best game of his career where he gets 231 yard, Duron "Crybaby" Carter fights his own teammate in practice and is reportedly done for the year in Saskatchewan (either suspension or cut outright, no one seems sure yet). Pretty shocking eh?

Carter was released from Montreal due to him being a crybaby and terrible teammate. His community college QB posted on twitter before his draft year to tell NFL teams he would be a cancer in the room. Carter needs to go away from CFL forever.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
So after his best game of his career where he gets 231 yard, Duron "Crybaby" Carter fights his own teammate in practice and is reportedly done for the year in Saskatchewan (either suspension or cut outright, no one seems sure yet). Pretty shocking eh?

Carter was released from Montreal due to him being a crybaby and terrible teammate. His community college QB posted on twitter before his draft year to tell NFL teams he would be a cancer in the room. Carter needs to go away from CFL forever.

What a waist of talent.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb

Uh no. Bombers need to sign him to replace Adams. I'm sure he could behave here long enough to get us a Grey Cup. Oh, and when is a fight in practice a big thing. Seems to happen all the time during training camp.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB

Silver spoon, 10 cent coconut.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Uh no. Bombers need to sign him to replace Adams. I'm sure he could behave here long enough to get us a Grey Cup. Oh, and when is a fight in practice a big thing. Seems to happen all the time during training camp.

The guy has been thrown off 2 teams already cause he is nutcase. He's lazy, a whiner, a true lockerroom cancer in every sense of the word. And you want to bring him in!?!? Never going to happen, particularly when you consider the focus O'Shea and Walters have put on character. This guy is an embarrassment to the CFL.

Sidenote, he cannot be signed if released past the trade deadline. It's an odd rule, but in CFL anyone released post deadline cannot sign anywhere else for the rest of the year.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
The guy has been thrown off 2 teams already cause he is nutcase. He's lazy, a whiner, a true lockerroom cancer in every sense of the word. And you want to bring him in!?!? Never going to happen, particularly when you consider the focus O'Shea and Walters have put on character. This guy is an embarrassment to the CFL.

Sidenote, he cannot be signed if released past the trade deadline. It's an odd rule, but in CFL anyone released post deadline cannot sign anywhere else for the rest of the year.

Hope we saw the last of him, his barf worthy little routine of dropping to his knees and shaking his hands after every pass reception was moronic. Former NFL star and Papa Chris Carter must be so proud!

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb

Well, that's a shame he isn't eligible. The guy is an amazing talent on the field. And hey, he must be mellowing. He almost made it through the year. :laugh: Somebody will sign him next year and be glad they did.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Well, that's a shame he isn't eligible. The guy is an amazing talent on the field. And hey, he must be mellowing. He almost made it through the year. :laugh: Somebody will sign him next year and be glad they did.

He is good and NFL calibre guess there is a reason he isn't in the NFL and it's not about a lack of talent.

Good article in the Leader-Post

http://leaderpost.com/sports/footba...y-involved-in-incident-during-riders-practice

Really sucks about Legget arguably the Best Blue Bomber!

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Looks like Adams is out for the regular season as well :(
Hopefully he returns for playoffs, but this has been a bad injury week
At least Dressler seems to be returning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad