Blue Bombers 2022 Season Thread - Stunning Loss. Dynasty Interrupted. 2023 awaits.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
The home and home with the Riders is obvious, but I really wonder about the B2B's with the Redblacks, Alouettes, and Lions.

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
Having all 3 byes more or less in the second half of the season seems like it could be advantageous.

Also interesting that the Argos won't be paying Winnipeg a visit. I know the 2021 schedule was short so not every team could visit, but I am hard pressed to think of a season before that where all of the teams didn't make the trip to Winnipeg?

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
MOS has some time on his hands. Can he come coach the Jets, just for a bit...

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
The home and home with the Riders is obvious, but I really wonder about the B2B's with the Redblacks, Alouettes, and Lions.
I never like the short weeks - 5 days between games twice this year. I don't recall 3 by weeks that late in the season - did they do that 2 seasons ago, too? Better than a super-early by-week, I guess.

Gotta say, I don't know if we'll see another season like last one, but I'll always remember it. Feeling genuinely relaxed for every game for the last 2/3 of the season. The western final was tough, but apart from those turnovers they just dominated, so I actually felt confident through the game and 'trusted in the process'.

But that Grey Cup. Man, I don't think I've ever gone through such swings between triumph and despair, that many times, in any sports game ever. I was at the game (I think Khari Jones' first?) where the Bombers came from behind after being down by 3 TD's at the 3 minutes warning, but the stakes were low.

It's sounding like we're keeping some key pieces, so I'm cautiously optimistic. But last season was an absolute treasure. Makes me wish I kept my old season tickets...

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Having all 3 byes more or less in the second half of the season seems like it could be advantageous.

Also interesting that the Argos won't be paying Winnipeg a visit. I know the 2021 schedule was short so not every team could visit, but I am hard pressed to think of a season before that where all of the teams didn't make the trip to Winnipeg?

Interesting good catch.

1 v Argos
2 v Redblacks, Alouettes, Elks, Ti-Cats
3 v Riders, Stamps, Lions

Very odd. It was always 2 v 7 teams and 3 v 2 teams in years past. Ive heard most teams schedules have some oddities like this. Not sure why.

The byes could be great or terrible, depends where we are at by week 10. But important to note we basically get a bye in the final pre-season week so extra time to rest up between TC abd regular season. But those 10 straight weeks might see injuries start to pile up. Hard to say.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Might be trying to reduce 2 week contacts so that they don't have to cancel/postpone too many games if there's an isolated COVID outbreak amongst a team and they spread it to the other. Then it's just 2 teams and 1 game rather than 4 teams and 2 games that potentially need to cancel/postpone.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
They made him give a verbal commitment that he would stick around lmao.

I imagine Jones probably sticks around this time. The Argos DC gig was obviously a way to get his foot back in the door to get a job with more control. Now that he's got it I think he sticks around

Reactions: kellhunter

None

Feb 22, 2012
Goveia and McManus both re-upped with the Blue and Gold. Looks like the off-field gang (cant see O'Shea, Pierce, Hall leaving) is going to be back for a chance to run it back again.

I thought for sure that McManus was going to leave for a GM opening so that's pretty good news.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Goveia and McManus both re-upped with the Blue and Gold. Looks like the off-field gang (cant see O'Shea, Pierce, Hall leaving) is going to be back for a chance to run it back again.

Good news. And with the leadership structure intact, that will go a long way in them being able to bring back and sign guys that want to play for them.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I thought for sure that McManus was going to leave for a GM opening so that's pretty good news.

I think Goveia was closer to leaving. It was down to Goveia and Jones in EDM but EDM went Jones cause hes doing HC/GM and they dont have any staff cap room to really hire a HC and GM (staff cap is one of the DUMBEST things CFL has ever done, IMO).

I think the issue with McManus is I dont think he wants to move to Canada. I dont speak for him obviously, and I dont know for sure, but thats what Ive heard going around why he doesnt yet have a GM job.

Reactions: Saidin

None

Feb 22, 2012
I think Goveia was closer to leaving. It was down to Goveia and Jones in EDM but EDM went Jones cause hes doing HC/GM and they dont have any staff cap room to really hire a HC and GM (staff cap is one of the DUMBEST things CFL has ever done, IMO).

I think the issue with McManus is I dont think he wants to move to Canada. I dont speak for him obviously, and I dont know for sure, but thats what Ive heard going around why he doesnt yet have a GM job.

That's probably why, I feel like McManus' name has come up in the past and then just stopped at some point. Goveia's name getting tossed around more and more and McManus' name popping up less seemed strange but that'd make a lot of sense. Nobody wants another Joe Mack who doesn't want to be in Canada.

Reactions: snowkiddin

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Chance for them to be a part of a potential modern dynasty in Winnipeg …

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
THE CFL DRAFT ORDER IS OFFICIAL NOW and the Bombers, as defending Grey Cup champs, will pick ninth – or last in the first round.

Their other picks will be 18th, 38th, 47th, 56th, 65th and 74th – last in each round. Their third-round selection, 29th overall, was traded to the B.C. Lions for kicker Sergio Castillo.

End of season wrap-up - Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Ninth?!!!! Jesus, that's not even a Top 10 pick. We gotta stop winning the Grey Cup. It's time for a tank season. Next year, I'm starting a Bombers tank thread fer sure. Gotta replenish that prospect pool. :nod:

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Ugh Argos give Bladek $170k this year and $200k next - what a horrible contract to set the precedent for the league

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad