Blow this team up already!

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Move Kampf and sign Lomberg. Lomberg Dewar Reaves with a sprinkle of Gregor for Reaves. I like Gregor's speed which this team desperately lacks IMO.

You can't possibly pay this guy what he will be asking. It is suicide. Give him a take it or leave it offer and if he leaves it, let him test free agency. It was the play for Nylander and the Leafs blew it IMO.
YUP.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Move Kampf and sign Lomberg. Lomberg Dewar Reaves with a sprinkle of Gregor for Reaves. I like Gregor's speed which this team desperately lacks IMO.

You can't possibly pay this guy what he will be asking. It is suicide. Give him a take it or leave it offer and if he leaves it, let him test free agency. It was the play for Nylander and the Leafs blew it IMO.

Said the same thing before, use the Stamkos scenario.

Tell him to shop himself and get the best offer, perhaps match that or let him walk.

Capspace is an asset.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
That's fair.

Sincere question : Will your mind change if they win the series (without Matthews)?

Why would it? They are deeply flawed, and this has been evident for several years. Winning one series (two if you count last year) does not change that.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Shanaplan worked

What a load of BS.

leafs core are massive stars

Who disappear in the playoffs.

and the team is perennially top of the league

Who then fail miserably int he playoffs.

with two of the best seasons in franchise history under keefe.

Who cares? Playoffs matter, the regular season doesn't.

Need to find a way to win in the playoffs

What incredible analysis. You should send MLSE your resume.

They even would have happily resigned Dubas if it weren’t for his own aspirations.

Which proves how effed up things are.

danny90

Nov 27, 2019
What a load of BS.

Who disappear in the playoffs.

Who then fail miserably int he playoffs.

Who cares? Playoffs matter, the regular season doesn't.

What incredible analysis. You should send MLSE your resume.

Which proves how effed up things are.
why does the regular season not matter?
what player has disappeared in the playoffs?

Leafs are in a better position as a franchise than 90 percent of the league just because you are upset doesn’t change the facts about the players and the team.

Look at teams like buffalo, jersey, and the sens if you think things are bad here you don’t know what your missing.

Lol he's a better Gauthier worst case scenario and there's nothing wrong with that at all
Fair enough

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
I can't debate you there because I don't get to watch him in the WHL, but he's already earned 4 NHL games by age 19.

Again, what do we know ... not much ... all in the same boat, we don't know.

Minten had a good WHL playoffs I think he could possibly earn an NHL spot out of training camp again

WillyC

Sep 7, 2018
Are we still blowing up the team?

Surely you guys are watching game 7 in Boston.

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022
Of course. I've said all along that this is going 7 and that the Leafs will come back from 3-1 down. They always do. And we all know what happens now. Feel free to prove me wrong, Leafs. I dare you.

I don't know about always. Florida handled us in 5 just a calendar year ago.

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
I don't know about always. Florida handled us in 5 just a calendar year ago.

FLA can do it. BOS can't.

Actually, since I started watching hockey in 1993, I think the FLA series is the only first or second round series the Leafs have lost in under six games (excluding that CLB qualifier nonsense).

On the other hand, I've never seen TOR win a game seven on the road. I think the upset against DET in '93 was the last one they won.

Reactions: seventieslord

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
If what we've seen the past couple games are the REAL Toronto Maple Leafs, they can all stay another year. Except Sammy, unless he signs as a backup for cheap. I like good solid defensive hockey and don't care if we only score a goal or two a game, as long as we win. The deadline moves are looking good.

Reactions: arso40

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Are we still blowing up the team?

Surely you guys are watching game 7 in Boston.

What has happened this series does not change the fact that they are deeply flawed. If they win this series they will have won a grand total of two series, hardly a major success story. Changes are needed.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Of course. I've said all along that this is going 7 and that the Leafs will come back from 3-1 down. They always do. And we all know what happens now. Feel free to prove me wrong, Leafs. I dare you.
If you care to make a bet on it, I'm available. You are wrong.

WillyC

Sep 7, 2018
This thread’s survival is riding on the Leafs failure… the previous 2 games are destroying everything this thread trumpets for.

when we win game 7 tomorrow… this thread will then have to take Florida over Toronto.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
This thread’s survival is riding on the Leafs failure… the previous 2 games are destroying everything this thread trumpets for.

when we win game 7 tomorrow… this thread will then have to take Florida over Toronto.
Florida is a much larger mountain to climb. How the core measures up against them will determine how much dynamite will be needed. Already looking like Woll will push Sammy out the door.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad