Blow this team up already!

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
it's his team. we live or die by his play. it's not JT's team. JT is the most ineffectual captain in the league.

Are you suggesting we have no captain?
Philly’s captain can’t make the line up on a game by game basis……..

Reactions: Drytoast

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Tolsky isn’t a rookie, the guy has been an AGM for a long time. Not just a Marlie guy like Dubas. He’s well respected around the league and credited with being a big part in building Carolina. What do you want? People have to start somewhere. You want Yzerman? Who’s done shit all in Detroit?

Who would be your choice? Cause let me tell you unless your prying someone with experience from another organization, the options are garbage.
Treliving needs to be given more than a year. I wouldn’t expect a GM change anytime soon.
I could see him in a dual role of President/GM.

Reactions: francis246

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Tolsky isn’t a rookie, the guy has been an AGM for a long time. Not just a Marlie guy like Dubas. He’s well respected around the league and credited with being a big part in building Carolina. What do you want? People have to start somewhere. You want Yzerman? Who’s done shit all in Detroit?

Who would be your choice? Cause let me tell you unless your prying someone with experience from another organization, the options are garbage.
I want Tre to stay on as the GM. Has Tolsky been the GM elsewhere? If not, wouldn't that classify him as a rookie GM? Same with Tre as Pres. Find a seasoned President to replace Shanny and a coach to replace Keefe.

It is not my job to find a President. Just don't give the job to another notice who has never driven the bus.

Reactions: TMLife17

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Posted this in the trade rumour thread but also relevant here:

I think people are going to be surprised when this team doesn't do too much this offseason to shake up the core.

34 and 88 aren't going anywhere

91 isn't going to waive and it doesn't make sense to give up assets to dump him when hes likely coming back on a cheaper contract after next season anyway.

The only question is if 16 wants to leave or not. If he doesn't, hes likely staying.

They will change the coach and coast one season with eyes to 2025-2026 when 91's contract is up and he's re-signed to a much, much more affordable deal. Cap increases and that discount giving them the money they need to spend to augment to roster with more talent, across the board (including getting a long-term 2C fit, allowing JT to be either a winger or strong 3C).

That option - isn't the worst thing. Coupled in with the challenges of creating a trade for Marner, if he even allows for it to happen, makes me think people will be disappointed with the level of change likely to come.

**Assuming they do not come back.
They need to shake the coconut tree, it starts by buying out JT, who cares of it doesn’t save any money, it sends a message. Next you tell Marner he won’t be resigned and where do you want to be traded so we can try and accommodate you. It’s not much, but it’s a start……..

CanHeDoIt99

Mar 14, 2022
They need to shake the coconut tree, it starts by buying out JT, who cares of it doesn’t save any money, it sends a message. Next you tell Marner he won’t be resigned and where do you want to be traded so we can try and accommodate you. It’s not much, but it’s a start……..
Then Auston walks because you made decisions to set a tone rather than make the team better. I get it, but without 91 and 16, and no significant cap savings from buying out 91, they might not even make the playoffs next year.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Then Auston walks because you made decisions to set a tone rather than make the team better. I get it, but without 91 and 16, and no significant cap savings from buying out 91, they might not even make the playoffs next year.
Great, another problem solved………

Cashed his cheques and meddled from behind the scenes. It doesn't get much better than that.
Roger that……

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
I want Tre to stay on as the GM. Has Tolsky been the GM elsewhere? If not, wouldn't that classify him as a rookie GM? Same with Tre as Pres. Find a seasoned President to replace Shanny and a coach to replace Keefe.

It is not my job to find a President. Just don't give the job to another notice who has never driven the bus.

I don’t care if they are new or old. They just need to be respected and good at their job.

Bluebear

Nov 30, 2018
I think Tre gets promoted. I like his vision in terms of how a team should be structured but maybe he isn’t the best at executing it.

Then you bring in someone to be the GM who is respected. Eric Tolsky from Carolina would be my choice.

President - Brad Treliving
GM - Eric Tolsky

Clean up the AGM’s, let Pridham go to Pittsburgh
I'm sure they can find a lawyer to read the CBA for them and find loopholes if Pridham leaves.....

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Dekes has been explaining it for the past 5 years to the stupid like me. I still don't get it.
Because it’s makes even less sense now then it did 5 years ago
The 41 million dollar 4 core have a combined 3 goals in this series, are you kidding me. There isn’t a single person on the planet that should be defending these guys

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Lol oh now it doesn’t matter?! Hilarious
It'll be so pleasant around here when the Marner Crew™ is gone, just like the Dubas Crew™ will eventually fall away.

It's all about the crest on the front.

I believe his mandate is not to make too many waves or stir up controversy and it worked all along. They flame out of the playoffs in their usual fashion, hold nobody accountable and the fans forget at the start of next season. They can maintain status quo and rame in the cash without much scrutiny. Fortunately, I believe that won’t work anymore.

As a leafs fan, I hope they get absolutely dominated tonight from start to finish so changes will be made. I’m sick of the excuses and the lack of accountability.
:thumbu:

I nominate this for post of the year………

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
It'll be so pleasant around here when the Marner Crew™ is gone, just like the Dubas Crew™ will eventually fall away.

It's all about the crest on the front.

i don't give a shit about whether Marner is a leaf or not. I'm in favour of the Leafs. In fact, I believe a Marner trade is necessary for us to move forward at this point. I'm a leafs fan. But you know what I do love? When internet warriors who love to shit on players are just dead wrong about a situation and can't even admit it hahaha. Nothing sweeter. You talk about crest on the front but are one of the user's who does nothing but take shots at the leafs players, some crest on the front fan you are..

57 Years No Cup

Nov 12, 2007
Ya there is, Reddit is completely delusional. It’s actually laughable over there, they must all be brand new fans or something.
Reddit is a highly censored cesspool of young progressive 1d10ts with zero life experience. Its's best to ignore their "thinking" and take the opposite as gospel truth.

Reactions: theTTC and TMLife17

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Reddit is a highly censored cesspool of young progressive 1d10ts with zero life experience. Its's best to ignore their "thinking" and take the opposite as gospel truth.
Ya I've come to realize that. It's pretty hard to read the stuff posted there.

57 Years No Cup

Nov 12, 2007
i don't give a shit about whether Marner is a leaf or not. I'm in favour of the Leafs. In fact, I believe a Marner trade is necessary for us to move forward at this point. I'm a leafs fan. But you know what I do love? When internet warriors who love to shit on players are just dead wrong about a situation and can't even admit it hahaha. Nothing sweeter. You talk about crest on the front but are one of the user's who does nothing but take shots at the leafs players, some crest on the front fan you are..
YAWN.... I criticize non performing players. As anyone should.

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
There is always next year.

Grebenkin 6'2", 192 lbs.
McMann 6,2", 207 lbs. (I know not a kid)
Knies 6',3", 216 lbs.
Minten 6'2", 194 lbs.

Have to like the options going forward.
And this year; Be nice to get McMann back for Game 6. From what I've seen I think his game translates nicely to the playoffs.

Reactions: ULF_55 and arso40

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Logan Stankoven is 5'8" (and that is generous) and he is a little wrecking ball for Dallas against Vegas. Stankoven is everywhere and afraid of nothing.

All of Toronto's Big 4 have a minimum of 4 inches on Stankoven, yet none are anywhere close to being as physical.

Just saying.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad