Post-Game Talk: Bloos @ Capz preseason 10/3/16 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
A lot of international appeal on the new board advertisements. Interesting. Is there an NHL market in China or the UAE I'm not aware of?

edit; While I'm at it, who exactly are the defense contractors advertising to in the VC? Building their brand appeal to compete for potential hires?

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Nice shift for Walker. Two quick breakouts.

Bad shift for Sanford. Throws up a 50/50 puck on the breakout, couldn't receive Bura's pass, and then goes off-sides on the rush.

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
Niskanen is their shutdown puck mover. They are going to use Alzner to shutdown opposing #1 lines. They are going to use Carlson, their top offensive defenseman, in more offensive situations. More offensive zone starts.

I am sure they want to see if playing with Orlov will adversely effect Carlson's production or whether it enhances it. Certainly pairing Carlson with Alzner for shutdown duty means more defensive zone starts and less focus on scoring. When Alzner and Niskanen are on the ice, their priority is not offense. Its defense.

This is a pretty accurate observation of the d situation.

I think Orlov is going to try to get points all season so he can justify a big payday. He can stink defensively but if he gets good point stats that's all that seems to count at contract time for comparables.

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Stormy deserves a roster spot. I AM Aussie though and would love to see it.

Has great speed and its a speed game more than anything these days.

Really really think he deserves one. Thoughts?

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Top line looks good, but that's to be expected against a Blues team missing Pietrangelo, Bouwmeester, Shattenkirk, and their best forwards.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
This is a pretty accurate observation of the d situation.

I think Orlov is going to try to get points all season so he can justify a big payday. He can stink defensively but if he gets good point stats that's all that seems to count at contract time for comparables.

I think that if Orlov turns Carlson into a stay at home defenseman, Orlov will be on the 3rd pair. Carlson will be turned into a stay at home defenseman if he is constantly having to cover for Orlov and if Orlov can't cover reliably for Carlson when he steps up for offensive play.

That's going to be the question. If only one of them can score, the Caps want Carlson scoring.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Stormy deserves a roster spot. I AM Aussie though and would love to see it.

Has great speed and its a speed game more than anything these days.

Really really think he deserves one. Thoughts?

Yes, he's certainly in the conversation for the last spot on the roster. His main competition is Sanford, followed by Stephenson. Trotz said today that Walker will be in the NHL for sure someday, so look forward to seeing an Australian in the NHL, I hope with the Capitals.

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
I think he offers more than Stephenson myself. Stanford i havnt seen enough of as i am still fighting off the 'who gives a rats till playoffs' pain that is instilled in many of us caps fans.

cajmonkey

Mar 29, 2014
Can't watch the game tonight, how is Eller doing? Good cycling, defensive play and winning faceoffs I hope?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad