Blocking Admiral anti-adblock

Brent Burns

“”“Re-tooling on the fly”””
Feb 7, 2007
edit
I am both happy and feel like a buffoon. I just used Adguard element blocker on the Admiral overlay and... it worked. If you have had this issue as of late, please try that.

Setup:
Mac, Safari, Adguard (no custom list), Pi-hole (latest, all Wally3k "checked" lists including Admiral list)

For the last 3 or so weeks I have been at my wit's end trying to figure out why HFBoards is the only Admiral ad site that isn't responding to blocking. If I use UBO on Edge or Vivaldi there is no issue so it's likely not Pi-hole. Tried only UBO block lists with Adguard and no success there either.I have tried only Pi-hole, only browser-based, and both yet still the "Turn off your adblocker" screen pops up between each click. Have completely removed custom user rules from Pi-hole and Adguard, cleared cache/cookies from browser, etc and still same result. I have no idea wtf is going on.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Kind of surprised that I can't seem to do anything about it with NoScript.

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
edit
I am both happy and feel like a buffoon. I just used Adguard element blocker on the Admiral overlay and... it worked. If you have had this issue as of late, please try that.

Setup:
Mac, Safari, Adguard (no custom list), Pi-hole (latest, all Wally3k "checked" lists including Admiral list)

For the last 3 or so weeks I have been at my wit's end trying to figure out why HFBoards is the only Admiral ad site that isn't responding to blocking. If I use UBO on Edge or Vivaldi there is no issue so it's likely not Pi-hole. Tried only UBO block lists with Adguard and no success there either.I have tried only Pi-hole, only browser-based, and both yet still the "Turn off your adblocker" screen pops up between each click. Have completely removed custom user rules from Pi-hole and Adguard, cleared cache/cookies from browser, etc and still same result. I have no idea wtf is going on.

Can you please outline how you used Ad Guard to block Admiral popups on Safari? I dont know how to block an overlay as you suggested.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad