Post-Game Talk: BLESS YOU BOYS WHAT A GAME! | Leafs Beat Hawks 4-3

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
That couldn't have been better written.

Young Leafs who have been compared to the older veteran, cup experienced Hawks face them in a much hyped contest. The veteran Hawks take the lead, but the relentless younger Leafs don't give up. They dominate and tie the game late. Finally, Auston Matthews the young superstar of the Leafs ends it in OT.

God damn, that was an amazing game.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
I am genuinely in awe of this team. We have taken a serious step forward and it is scary evident already in the few games so far this season.

What a deserved and hard earned win against a fantastic opponent.

It's weird watching a Leafs team this good.

This team is legit. Hawks didn't play great, but I'll attribute some of that to the Leafs relentless forecheck. Great effort tonight.

Reactions: Max Money

one77

Dec 22, 2013
Matthews, Nylander, Brown and Rielly looked on another level tonight. Not surprising, they've been elite so far in the season

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
What a game. Didn't crumble after some bad luck in the first. Chopped away at a hot goalie until Matthews makes a statement. What a shot. Team had 6 points already

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
We are awesome clap clap clap clap clap we are awesome clap clap clap clap clap we are awesome clap clap clap clap clap

GrizzLeaf

Registered Bear
Aug 13, 2010
Quebec
I'm freaking spent after this game.

I need a cigarette... and I don't even smoke.

Great come back win. Leafs played well and hard for the bulk of the game. Only reasont he Hawks were leading was some puck luck and help from the stripes.

Awesome! The Leafs are 3-0 to start the season.

IN AUSTON WE TRUST!

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Awesome game, never felt like they couldn't win at any point. Although I admit I was expecting a lucky bounce Hawk goal to ruin the parade on that last penalty kill.

Reactions: FADYB and Max Money

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad