Blashill named USA WC Head Coach

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I think he was given a 3+1 year contract back then (team option for the 4th year), but I am not sure about that.
Nope just 4 years

CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Holland said Blashill was the only candidate interviewed. Blashill received a four-year contract.
Blashill already knows what makes many Red Wings 'tick'

A lot of the speculation at the time was 3 years to match what KH had left, it actually was not the case. I also thought it was 3 years the first 2 years of the contract.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
When entering this season? I viewed Buffalo, Arizona, Vancouver, Ottawa, Colorado, and Vegas as the bottom 5. After that, I saw Montreal, us, Calgary, Carolina, NYI, NJ, Dallas, and maybe Florida jockeying around in those next eight spots. I guess 21st plus or minus a few spots would have been more accurate, but I felt we should be jockeying around that area for most of the season with injuries and luck pushing teams around that area.

Instead, we just flat sucked for long stretches.

You probably thought too much about our roster.

Most sports betting analyzes before the season did rank us to 3rd last. Imo, we overachieved heavily before the trade deadline. I ranked Wings dead last in Atlantic with 77 points. Ecpected more from both Sabres and Sens.

When the SELL-signal happened and Tatar was gone, it really showed what happens when our team becomes mentally lost. 13 losses in 14 games. Then and we dropped nearer where we did belong.

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA

Most sports betting analyzes before the season did rank us to 3rd last. Imo, we overachieved heavily before the trade deadline. I ranked Wings dead last in Atlantic with 77 points. Ecpected more from both Sabres and Sens.

When the SELL-signal happened and Tatar was gone, it really showed what happens when our team becomes mentally lost. 13 losses in 14 games. Then and we dropped nearer where we did belong.

Yeah, it was a combination of us slightly overachieving for most of the season and several teams imploding spectacularly. Overall we landed about where I thought we would.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

So, after dealing one of the team's leading scorers and mentally cashing in, only then did the Wings fall to where they belonged all along? No, I might have thought too much of our roster (or too little of others), but one horrible month is as indicative as where this team should finish as one great month would be.

They were only a handful of points from the 7th spot, which was the low end of where I saw them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad