Not open for further replies.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
*guy gets two fingers severed*
Some dope asks, "Does it hurt?" immediately after
"F*** off."

And Wheeler even had the patience to walk it back a bit by actually explaining himself. That's heroic, considering what had just happened to his team.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForConnSmythe
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
If you think telling a reporter to **** off for asking a very basic question is showing personality, your idea of what a personality is is incredibly bland. What a godawful interview, and lol @ "we played until the last whistle" no you didn't, you were sitting in the penalty box in the dying moments of the game when your team needed you most. One of the worst captains in hockey.

han316

Feb 6, 2013
That reporter is annoying as hell and totally deserves it as far as i'm concerned.

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
Wheeler's response was pretty polite, honestly, considering he said f*** off. To me it was a "f*** off" of exasperation, not one of malice or anger. You have to remember that f*** is probably one of the most versatile words in English.

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
Who cares? Most of these reporters are paid hacks anyways, the players put up with their bullshit 98% of the season becasue they have to but they might not be in the mood after a tough elimination game. For those saying lack of leadership from Blake, I can guarantee you that not one player in the Jets locker room cares that he used that word with a reporter.

Reactions: StupidityKills

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
lols you guys think that was bad? what a baby

watch this if you actually want to see a reporter being a complete d-bag to a player

Honestly, I don't think it was THAT bad... I mean sure, pretty tough questioning, and pushing the right (or wrong) buttons but to be fair, those are all talking points among sport shows and fans, so I have no real issues with a reporter going there since the conversation around sports performance naturally goes there anyways.

NeverBeNormal

Mar 27, 2007
Sooooo... everyone realizes that like 2 people have had anything negative to say and the other 99% of this thread is people saying "OMG I hate how everybody gets offended by everything now!". Nobody's arguing with you, everyone gets he was frustrated and angry.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I would not want a microphone in my face after an elimination game. These guys that answer the bell, captains and coaches...deserve a ton of credit. You have to have gone through this to understand what it is like. Most of these reporters, while good at their jobs, have never experienced anything like this. It is soul crushing for teams like the Jets, Flames, Tamps and the Pens. Soul crushing...

Thumbs up to all those who do this after games.
Always thought, there should be at least a 30 minute break after the game, before the media was allowed in, to ask questions.......the Jets had alot of expectations of themselves, and the guy did his best to keep himself in check, and not throttle the reporter.

Reactions: Peanut Butter

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Why he getting mad at the question? They didn't show up.. wasn't it 6 shots through 2 periods in an elimination game?

I doubt he was mad about the question he was probably already mad about losing and the question he didn't like probably just made him snap a bit.

Not that big a deal. Happens. Shouldn't really happen with a captain but its not that big a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad