Cut/Released: Blake Griffin and Pistons agree to buyout (signs with the Nets)

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Very similar career to Amare Stoudemire in many ways...

I wonder if they'll make the Hall of Fame

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Honestly him going to the Nets doesn’t seem like a good plan. As long as Embiid (who I don’t like as some of you know) keeps his play up to where it’s at, Nets have no one to stop or even slow him down. Yes Nets have Kyrie, Harden, and Durant, but Harden is a perennial choker and 76ers have lots of defensive guard options along with Ben Simmons.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Honestly him going to the Nets doesn’t seem like a good plan. As long as Embiid (who I don’t like as some of you know) keeps his play up to where it’s at, Nets have no one to stop or even slow him down. Yes Nets have Kyrie, Harden, and Durant, but Harden is a perennial choker and 76ers have lots of defensive guard options along with Ben Simmons.

Harden has a PER of 25 over his last 73 playoff games...

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
if griffin goes to brooklyn it's a wrap. might as well just crown them already because nothing would stand in that team's way

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
He's going to sign with the Clippers and then get traded to Detroit a few months later.

Fortunately Detroit is finally committed to a rebuild and seems to have an idea.

Griffin dragged a sorry Pistons team to the playoffs, got injured and hasn't been the same since. More suited to come off the bench at this point.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

Please explain how Harden is a perennial choker.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
he's not great but he's far from bad. especially if he's going to play for a title contender as opposed to the pistons

their supporting cast is already very good as it is

Brooklyn needs size but Griffin will need to do the little things. Unfortunately he has looked like a slug since getting hurt before taking us to the playoffs. All of it due to injuries.

Hope the best for him but I don't see this as a career resurgence unless he focuses on defense than offense and gain some mobility back.

For Detroit's perspective, Griffin gave back more money than I thought he would and we don't have to stretch. Both of which are a huge win.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Have you a watched a single minute of Pistons basketball this season?
i watched him drop 23 on the lakers with five 3s last month

he's obviously not the same player he once was, but i don't doubt that he'd perform better with a title contender compared to a last place team. especially alongside KD, irving, and harden where defenses will be focused on stopping those three which would allow griffin to score easier

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
i watched him drop 23 on the lakers with five 3s last month

he's obviously not the same player he once was, but i don't doubt that he'd perform better with a title contender compared to a last place team
that's the only game you watched? I have never seen any athlete drop off a cliff while in their prime like him. It's like embarrassingly sad to watch. Maybe he was unmotivated and wanted out, maybe he'll get stronger after the injuries, hard to know for sure. But as of now all he's shown he can do in 2021 is shoot 3's and pass, and be a complete liability everywhere else. Like he has the worst hops in the NBA rn, Jokic looks like Vince Carter compared to him, which is really too bad

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
that's the only game you watched? I have never seen any athlete drop off a cliff while in their prime like him. It's like embarrassingly sad to watch. Maybe he was unmotivated and wanted out, maybe he'll get stronger after the injuries, hard to know for sure. But as of now all he's shown he can do in 2021 is shoot 3's and pass, and be a complete liability everywhere else. Like he has the worst hops in the NBA rn, Jokic looks like Vince Carter compared to him, which is really too bad
injuries

he relied so much on his athleticism to be successful, which is why he dropped off so suddenly. going to a cellar dweller like the pistons didn't help either

not saying he's going to become his old self again, but it wouldn't surprise me if he plays much better in brooklyn than he was in detroit. being on a title contender will help with that. so will playing alongside three all time greats like i mentioned

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
I think he makes sense if they want him to be a 2nd scoring option off the bench when KD and Harden are on the bench. If they plan to load the starting 5 with him and the rest, it won't work so well. He is a poor defender, lost quite a bit of his athletic ability, and is too much in love with his jump shot.

Sep 19, 2008
Brooklyn wants Lob City but instead they got a retirement home. :sarcasm:
and sadly that "Retirement home" is probably going to romp through the East lmao :laugh: Brooklyn has openly declared they are trying to buy a title, just like GS, Miami and Boston in years past. Kind of sad really.

*to be fair GS only brought a title by buying KD, Green and Curry were already there

What is going on in Brooklyn is the culmination of spending sprees on Kyrie and Durant last year plus trading a shitload for Harden and buying Grififn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad