Confirmed with Link: Blake finally signs ELC

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Blake will receive $775,000 at the NHL level in 2023-24 and $832,500 at the NHL level in 2024-25 and 2025-26. He will receive $80,000 at the American Hockey League (AHL) level for all three seasons, and the deal will include a signing bonus of $277,500.

The numbers suggest a $57.5k games played bonus for this season, but that would be silly because that would require 10 or more games played.

Being 20 he's not eligible for ELC Slide.

htdoc

Oct 30, 2018
Nice! Glad to have another prospect in the fold. We certainly are filling out our 50 slots for next year...

Keep developing and hope he can develop into something as good or better than his dad...

Another one, like Brad from UMaine, where it seemed a year early and he could have used another year to grow into his frame and bulk up for the rough and tumble ahl and big league, work on things in an environment with less games every other day and more rest in between so he could spend more weight room and recovery time while working on aspects of his game... but sounds like we want to do that development at the ahl level on a pro salary..

Definitely looks like we have all the pieces in place to have an AHL team next year given how many prospects we are signing. Will be cool to watch them develop again instead of this craziness Chicago created this year...

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Without size or blazing speed, it's tough to make it. That's why he went in the fourth round. How far can guile, hands, vision, and edges take you? That's what we'll find out. But a home run of a fourth round pick, sitting next to Gauthier and Celebrini at the Hobey ceremony.
Well he’s got good lateral ability and he scoots through tight space pretty quickly, and some would say the lateral ability would matter more than straight line speed. He may not win sprints down the ice but inside the zone off a cycle I bet he can be a handful when he develops a bit.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Without size or blazing speed, it's tough to make it. That's why he went in the fourth round. How far can guile, hands, vision, and edges take you? That's what we'll find out. But a home run of a fourth round pick, sitting next to Gauthier and Celebrini at the Hobey ceremony.

Skinner was a guy that didn't have a lot of size and didn't have blazing speed, but made it with guile, hands, vision, phenomenal edges, a knack for finding soft spots, and an ability to score.

Skinner was stockier than Blake though as he was 5'10", 187lbs at the draft combine, he was incredibly strong on his skates and he worked his ass off with Gary Roberts even before being drafted.

Blake's listed weight at UND if 5'11", 173lbs, but I'm not sure how accurate that is.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Skinner was a guy that didn't have a lot of size and didn't have blazing speed, but made it with guile, hands, vision, phenomenal edges, a knack for finding soft spots, and an ability to score.

Skinner was stockier than Blake though as he was 5'10", 187lbs at the draft combine, he was incredibly strong on his skates and he worked his ass off with Gary Roberts even before being drafted.

Blake's listed weight at UND if 5'11", 173lbs, but I'm not sure how accurate that is.
It’s a fair comparison including the difference in that junk in the trunk. Skinner had a very strong base that I don’t think Blake has, not yet anyway.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
It’s a fair comparison including the difference in that junk in the trunk. Skinner had a very strong base that I don’t think Blake has, not yet anyway.
If he is willing to work hard, Jarvis is a good road map to follow comparing year 3 versus year one. Beyond himself, RBA has a bunch of guys on the roster that are workout fiends to use as a role model.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Nice. I still think that Blake, Nadeau, and FUS won't see a regular spot in the lineup next year. They would be better served playing regular minutes in the "A" and maybe a cup of coffee in the show if we get some injuries. Extended time playing 4th line minutes will help them learn NHL defense, but could stunt their ceiling.

We look a little smarter today than on the Guentzel trade. Morrow and Blake ended up signing this year, so we do in fact keep our better college prospects. On the other hand, Koivunen has tore it up in the playoffs, so we look a little stupider too. :D

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Nice. I still think that Blake, Nadeau, and FUS won't see a regular spot in the lineup next year. They would be better served playing regular minutes in the "A" and maybe a cup of coffee in the show if we get some injuries. Extended time playing 4th line minutes will help them learn NHL defense, but could stunt their ceiling.

We look a little smarter today than on the Guentzel trade. Morrow and Blake ended up signing this year, so we do in fact keep our better college prospects. On the other hand, Koivunen has tore it up in the playoffs, so we look a little stupider too. :D
Generally I agree, but I think there's a chance FUS could. From what I could tell, like Jarvis, he plays the type of game that fits with Rod and won't "hurt" the team. He's also already playing against grown men in a high end league. I'm by no means saying he will, just that I could see it happening with him.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Generally I agree, but I think there's a chance FUS could. From what I could tell, like Jarvis, he plays the type of game that fits with Rod and won't "hurt" the team. He's also already playing against grown men in a high end league. I'm by no means saying he will, just that I could see it happening with him.
FUS also was on the team for a long look.

Reactions: DaveG

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
So does that mean we only have him under ELC for 2 years then?
technically no, he is under contract right now. Does these last 3 games of season where he is under contract really count? no.

Its a weird spot for the players to be in. I can see why they did this but they arent thinking about year 3 right now. Which they could lose more money that had they just waiting until the July to sign a deal.

hey @Lempo we probably see Blake and Morrow get one game this season so that they can start their professional experience to prevent the risk of being a 10.2(c) guy, dont you think?

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
hey @Lempo we probably see Blake and Morrow get one game this season so that they can start their professional experience to prevent the risk of being a 10.2(c) guy, dont you think?
They are still required to play 10 games under the SPC in any league to get a season of professional experience for the Free Agency Purposes, and our AHL situation is tricky. I don't think they can avoid the 10.2(c).

For the purposes of this Section 10.2(a), a Player aged 18 or 19 earns a
year of professional experience by playing ten (10) or more NHL Games
in a given NHL Season, and a Player aged 20 or older (or who turns 20
between September 16 and December 31 of the year in which he signs his
first SPC) earns a year of professional experience by playing ten (10) or
more Professional Games under an SPC in a given League Year.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
They are still required to play 10 games under the SPC in any league to get a season of professional experience for the Free Agency Purposes, and our AHL situation is tricky. I don't think they can avoid the 10.2(c).
I believe any player 20 or older only has to play 1 game to count for professional experience

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I believe any player 20 or older only has to play 1 game to count for professional experience
I did quote the CBA bit there saying 10 professional games [in any league], but I'm not gonna ridicule your beliefs.

Until two hours ago I was totally expecting Morrow to get at least the five games to get his GP bonus, but Blake's contract with an apparent 10 game GP bonus for this season has left me scratching.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad