Pre-Game Talk: Blackhawks vs. Kings - Season Opener! - Sat. Jan 19 - 2pm CT - NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
Hawks will have a chance in this one only due to the distractions the Kings will be faced with.

Hawks make it to OT despite the lopsided goaltending matchup and then lose in SO.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Hawks will have a chance in this one only due to the distractions the Kings will be faced with.

Hawks make it to OT despite the lopsided goaltending matchup and then lose in SO.

Ha, I totally agree with this prediction. Definitely feels right.

Martini*

The Hawks will lose.

Quick is a much better goalie and if Nick Leddy plays anything more then third pairing minutes the Kings will capitalize on the five on five power play when he is indeed on the ice.

5-0 Kings with Leddy being a -4 when all is said and done. Kings pretty much gelled on the fly durning last years Cup run and didnt look too far from the discription of "World Beaters" once they did. Andrew Shaw as an actual center option is a joke and will be exploited, and any line up that has Marcus Kruger in it isnt taking itself seriously enough to win games.

I do like the Hawks chances against the Yotes, tho.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
@ChrisKuc: #Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews missed practice with the flu but team hopeful he can play tomorrow vs. Kings.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Let me put it this way: We will never get LA more vulnerable at home. They will be distracted big time at the start, Kopitar is hurt and Quick is bound to be a tad rusty after off season surgery. Hopefully Crawford feels that he has something to prove after those softies that eliminated us last season and he comes up big. I think Hawks chances are decent if we play a disciplined game.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
A. Flu is highly contagious, regardless of the strain. B. Flu shot does not guarantee you will not catch the flu, in particular the flu that's ravaged the country the past month or so. Many people getting infected that have had the shot. It's not a definitive defense against it.

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
Was going to say Hawks get shut out but Quick isn't starting is he? 2-1 Hawks if not

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
A. Flu is highly contagious, regardless of the strain. B. Flu shot does not guarantee you will not catch the flu, in particular the flu that's ravaged the country the past month or so. Many people getting infected that have had the shot. It's not a definitive defense against it.

Seconded- Chicago was one of the hardest hit areas this year as well.

Recoil

Jun 27, 2011
Chicago, IL
We have a tough first few opening games, but looking forward to watching some hockey finally, and I'm going to the home opener against St Louis. As others have said, we won't get the Kings more vulnerable than tomorrow. Let's play spoiler after their banner raising ceremony tomorrow. Go Hawks!

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
It feels as strange to have hockey back as it was to not have hockey.

Pretty much this.

I've never been so amped for a regular season ever. I was 5 during the 1st lockout, but by all accounts and just what'd I'd imagine, less is more. Gonna be an insane 3+ month lead up to the best time of the year!

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Or it could be the 'flu' IE: the generic word they tell the media when the guy's really just got diarrhea or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad