GDT: Blackhawks @ Sabres 7 PM EST Thursday 1-18 TV:MSG, MSG+, ESPN+ RADIO:WGR550 - Let's try this again!!!!

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
UPL was awesome again tonight. Special teams were big (PK especially, but that PP actually contributed something for once!).

Reactions: Dingo44

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It was a win but this team just doesn't look like they have a desire to compete, they are so soft on pucks and don't play with any urgency or direction, it's so frustrating to watch.

Yeah, this was the most frustrating 3-0 win I can recall in a long time. Usually when they play like this, they lose but the Hawks are icing a roster that's possibly worse than what they used to get into Bedard position last year due to all their injuries. And the Hawks had guys who were playing with more urgency.

Reactions: sabremike

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
There’s no pleasing some people :)

I’m happy for 6K and happy we won. Disclaimer: Didnt actually watch any of today’s match.

They played fine. Especially in the third. UPL was great!

They're 5-2 in 2024 and they only had one bad loss - the other was 1-0 against the top team in the league. They aren't experienced enough or good enough yet to have this expectation of perfection every game. Two 3-0 wins in a row and only giving up 1 goal in three games is something to celebrate. Hoping for a good game against Tampa. They have things to improve and Levi should be getting games in the AHL but winning is way better than losing and shutouts are fun.

Think about telling us last year that UPL would have three shutouts already and seven straight periods with zero goals and no one would believe it.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
They played fine. Especially in the third. UPL was great!

They're 5-2 in 2024 and they only had one bad loss - the other was 1-0 against the top team in the league. They aren't experienced enough or good enough yet to have this expectation of perfection every game. Two 3-0 wins in a row and only giving up 1 goal in three games is something to celebrate. Hoping for a good game against Tampa. They have things to improve and Levi should be getting games in the AHL but winning is way better than losing and shutouts are fun.

Think about telling us last year that UPL would have three shutouts already and seven straight periods with zero goals and no one would believe it.
Who is expecting them to be perfect every game? I expected them to play as good as last year and have a little consistency. Maybe that's too much to ask for some people but I don't believe it is. Two wins against the two worst teams in the league (one with an AHL roster due to injuries) is great and should be expected, but you can't expect that to just erase how the team has performed for most of this season for most people.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Who is expecting them to be perfect every game? I expected them to play as good as last year and have a little consistency. Maybe that's too much to ask for some people but I don't believe it is. Two wins against the two worst teams in the league (one with an AHL roster due to injuries) is great and should be expected, but you can't expect that to just erase how the team has performed for most of this season for most people.

You can enjoy two 3-0 wins in a row without immediately complaining about it. It's weird. I like to live in the moment and if the Sabres win enjoy it when it happens. If the result of the game doesn't change your bad attitude then why even bother? I mean sure you have a right to be angry all the time but is that really productive or healthy?

We're on a seven period shutout string. We've given up one goal in 9 periods. And this is a team that was horrible defensively and in net last year.

I'm not saying we're fixed or playoffs here we come but sheesh - people look for reasons to complain.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
You can enjoy two 3-0 wins in a row without immediately complaining about it. It's weird. I like to live in the moment and if the Sabres win enjoy it when it happens. If the result of the game doesn't change your bad attitude then why even bother? I mean sure you have a right to be angry all the time but is that really productive or healthy?

We're on a seven period shutout string. We've given up one goal in 9 periods. And this is a team that was horrible defensively and in net last year.

I'm not saying we're fixed or playoffs here we come but sheesh - people look for reasons to complain.
I don't think you need to look too hard for reasons to complain on a 13 year playoff drought. You like to live in the moment and enjoy single wins, great, that's you. Others, like myself, like to look at the season more holistically and a couple wins against bottom feeders doesn't materially change the situation they are in and it doesn't mean they have turned a corner. I think you will find a better tone if the Sabres can extend to a three game win streak (their first of the season) or, dare I say, more.

There is no need for hyperbolic arguments. Stating the Sabres did something poorly in a win is not complaining, it's discussing the teams play. I am sorry that not all of us are all sunshine and rainbows and ready to talk about how flawless the team is after every win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad