Rumor: Blackhawks reached out to Vanek

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
If it's a contract they can bury, it's fine.

I wonder whether Q will like him? He's not great defensively, but on the other hand, he is quite slow.

Love/hate relationship?

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Feel like if we signed him he would play opening night and be in Qs dog house the rest of the year.
This.

I am all for this on a million deal. I just don't think it works unless Vanek turns into an older Panarin production wise.

You just don't get slack with Q unless your playing solid defense of scoring in bunches. There's no inbetween

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
If it's league min with very restrictive performance bonus money attached, I won't break something if they sign him.

I prefer he find a nice spot in Boston or Ottawa or someplace else.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
I personally don't like many of these "reclamation" project type deals. We are going to the well way too often for me and I know cap is a problem but I think it's more prudent to have a plan where we refill with in house prospects that we've developed.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I'm down with the reclamation projects. All the RFD prospects that were worth anything (most spent little to no time there) have come and gone. Schmaltz, Motte, Forsling, they'll spend little time there. If the reclamation projects dud out you waive them and bring up the RFD guy as last resort.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
I personally don't like many of these "reclamation" project type deals. We are going to the well way too often for me and I know cap is a problem but I think it's more prudent to have a plan where we refill with in house prospects that we've developed.

I'm down with the reclamation projects. All the RFD prospects that were worth anything (most spent little to no time there) have come and gone. Schmaltz, Motte, Forsling, they'll spend little time there. If the reclamation projects dud out you waive them and bring up the RFD guy as last resort.

This my main issue and why I don't think success going forward is sustainable. Lightning only lands in your bottle so often with these short term reclamation deals. We have had more than our fair share of success with it and I expect that trajectory to change.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
On the bright side, if they do sign him for a year, they don't have to worry about a Vegas stop.

Realm

Jun 5, 2005
Ugh- no thank you.

Remember those series against the Wild? Vanek was invisible out there.

Probably because he only played in 1 of them, and I dont think he played every game...either way it was a sweep for the Hawks, so not much to remember.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Vanek is done, not really interested. His Skating wouldn't fit with our Team and his decline happened fast.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Apparently he's going to Detroit on a one-year deal.

HawksFan28

Apr 2, 2006
I heard the Hawks were talking to Vanek and talking to the Oilers about Yak...

I'd be thrilled if we landed both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad