Blackhawks promote Director of Player Personnel Norm MacIver to Asst. GM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
yes man?

Our front office does something right when you look at all the guys that leave EVERY year to get a better job

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Don't know much about the guy other than he was an amateur talent evaluator. Hopefully he brings that knowledge with him so we can get some good pro talent in here.

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
yes man?

Our front office does something right when you look at all the guys that leave EVERY year to get a better job

Wouldn't the right thing be to keep these guys in the organization instead of letting them go? Keep deluding yourself and think all is fine and dandy on Madison when reports keep saying it's everything but.

HawksFan86

Jul 2, 2011
Wouldn't the right thing be to keep these guys in the organization instead of letting them go? Keep deluding yourself and think all is fine and dandy on Madison when reports keep saying it's everything but.

If they were leaving for positions that weren't promotions you might be onto something.

That said they keep getting hired as GM's.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

Who would want to work for us if we stopped them from getting promotions?

If this your thought process, I take it that you couldn't care less about a promotion at work? What if another company wanted to give you a big pay raise and your company said they won't allow you? Would you tell your friends that it's a great place to work?

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010

Ya thats a great idea. Lets not let our assistants interview for head jobs. I'm sure moral in management will be great and people will be lining up to work for the Hawks.

:shakehead

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois

What kind of world do you live in where people wouldn't jump at the opportunity for a massive promotion if given the opportunity? Simple fact, other teams are apparently liking the quality of people that work within the Hawks organization enough to promote them to the tops of their ranks.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria

WFT is this??

if your assistant coach gets a chance to be the head coach on another team, you allow him to go to the interview

same goes with the GMs.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Which team will MacIver go onto become the GM of next year?

Columbus.

Don't know much about Maciver.. but, I trust they've promoted the right guy and hopefully we can get this team back to the SCF.. starting with the draft.

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
I'll concede that Bergvin and Cheveldayoff got promoted, but Dudley just quit because he didn't like McD and is now doing something in Toronto. Torchetti went laterally and is now coaching in the AHL. All I am saying is that the front office is toxic thanks to McD meddling in everything.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
I'll concede that Bergvin and Cheveldayoff got promoted, but Dudley just quit because he didn't like McD and is now doing something in Toronto. Torchetti went laterally and is now coaching in the AHL. All I am saying is that the front office is toxic thanks to McD meddling in everything.

Torchetti went on to a team with a higher likelyhood of being promoted to head coach, even if only on an interm basis. Then he was let go when Noel was brought in and is now coaching in the AHL.

Last edited:

sedag

Once a season.
May 6, 2010
Fun Fact: Norm Maciver scored the last goal of the original Winnipeg Jets.

Rexy

May 2, 2012
London, Ontario

Rumor is that Dudley is going to be Bergvin's assistant in Montreal.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Steve Y left TB to be GM of Lightning cause he was sick of not getting anywhere in Wings organization

Guess that makes Detroit a toxic organization/front office , Right

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Yzerman had a good position with the Wings? I thought he had and just wanted some more daily work

ChiTownCode

Natural Perm
Aug 13, 2013
Chicago
Wow some of these comments look worse in retrospect... didn't even know wtf Emmy donut was talking about until I took a look at the date.

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
Things certainly has changed, odd how a SC can settle things. That said, these two years has mellowed me out and I don't get so riled up about dumb **** such as how my favourite professional sports team is doing. Perhaps a gripe here and there, but nothing worth getting in a huge huff about. Just enjoying the ride. It's all out of my control anyways. I can't influence how a GM operates or a coach makes his line-ups by ranting on a message board.

Also I've stopped taking everything you read/hear as truth. Considering how the Hawks had done since the 2010 SC, things didn't look optimal and when it doesn't people start to look for scapegoats and people start to write and say things that might not be that close to the truth to get pageviews and notoriety. Controversies sell better than when things are going smoothly. If the Hawks get eliminated in the first round this year, I am sure there will be plenty of blogs and articles written about brewing discontent in the front office that has been put a side during this past success that will suddenly re-appear and this and that person being mad and doing something and players being alcoholics will again gain traction.

Last edited:

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
The best part about this thread being bumped is that on ED's post (#16), I had the same response today that I had 2 years ago. Found that funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad