Blackhawks Prediction Game - Blues @ Blackhawks (1/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
This is a little game that a lot of people wanted to do. Feel free to join in at any point of the season. Everyone is expected to keep track of their own score. I'll try to keep a comprehensive list whenever I have a chance to go through and get caught up, so probably once a week or more. The idea is to guess a few things about what happens in the game in order to accumulate points. Most points at the end of the year gets bragging rights for the year, and maybe I'll throw in some sort of small prize at the end of the year as well. Your answer should be in this format to standardize it and keep it neat and orderly. Here is what your answers should look like, and remember to keep track of your score throughout the season in each post.

My Total Season Points so far: 0
1. First goal scorer: Player name (2 points)
2. Winning team: Team name (1 points - 2 points if you guess the correct score as well as the winning team)
3. 3 stars of the game (based on NHL.com): Player name 1, player name 2, player name 3 (1 point per star)

I (or someone else) will post the answer to each of the 3 categories sometime after the game ends either that night or the next day.

NOTE: I won't be able to watch this game until Wednesday night, so if someone could post the results either following the game or the next day so I don't have to spoil the result for myself, that would be great.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
My total season points so far: 2
First goal scorer: Kane
Winning Team: Hawks 3-2
Stars of the game: Kane, Keith, Tarasenko

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well,this will be a real test against probably the deepest team in the nhl...STL have 3 good scoring lines now and a good 4th checking line...Perron when healthy usually kills us..he is healthy so our guys must pay spe cial attention when he is on the ice...Jackman uzually handles Kane easily..so do not expect much ffom our 2nx line...unless Q wins in line match. contest of wills with H....the infusion of Tarasenko makes them more dagerous than before andMacDonald also is healthy. .so ghfh look really formidablenow offensively..then then Backes and Oshie are physical load...plus they play structured in all 3 zones..block shots and Halak or Elljot are walls in goal....Pietrangelo isa stud D-man....the task,even at home,will be daunting to beat them..we have no. chance unless KEITH and SEABROOk play better than in the first 2 games AND we get an A game from Crawford..and Toews a 3 point game at least or someone else steps up with big difference-maker game for us. Hawks 4 STL 3 in OT or SO..or we lay a stinker..in that case, STL 5 CHI 1....

Last edited:

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
when i saw the fiddy was the most recent poster i thought to myself there was no way he just joined the game and made predictions. i was right.

topic?

My Total Season Points so far: 4
1. First goal scorer: Perron (2 points)
2. Winning team: St. Louis - 4-2 (1 points - 2 points if you guess the correct score as well as the winning team)
3. (based on NHL.com): Perron, Oshie, Toews (1 point per star)

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
My total season points so far: 5
First goal scorer: Keith
Winning Team: Hawks 4-2
Stars of the game: Keith, Oshie, Bolland

Steve Larmer

Oct 17, 2008
My total season points so far: 3
First goal scorer: Frolik
Winning Team: Hawks, 5-3
Stars of the game: Frolik, Toews, Stewart

Oh_so_saad

Sep 18, 2012
Seattle
Well,this will be a real test against probably the deepest team in the nhl...STL have 3 good scoring lines now and a good 4th checking line...Perron when healthy usually kills us..he is healthy so our guys must pay spe cial attention when he is on the ice...Jackman uzually handles Kane easily..so do not expect much ffom our 2nx line...unless Q wins in line match. contest of wills with H....the infusion of Terasov makes them more dagerous than before andMacDonald also is healthy. .so ghfh look really formidablenow offensively..then then Backes and Oshie are physical load...plus they play structured in all 3 zones..block shots and Halak or Elljot are walls in goal....Pietrangelo isa stud D-man....the task,even at home,will be daunting to beat them..we have no. chance unless KEITH and SEABROOk play better than in the first 2 games AND we get an A game from Crawford..and Towes gdts a 3 point game at least or someone else steps up with big difference-maker game for us. Hawks 4 STL 3 in OT or SO..or we lay a stinker..in that case, STL 5 CHI 1....

you should change your name to bluesfan50 or anyteamplayinghawksfan50

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Sorry. .I made horrible typo mistakes and a brain fart...corrected my prior post...it is of course Tarasenko..and Toews (hard to type off my smartphone small keyboard...and by now everyone knows of the amazing STL Russkie Rookie...at least STL after 2 more seasons will have to form over crazy money to keep him...else they will lose him to the KHl or to a max contract nhl offer sheet from some splash-seeking nhl team...as for my fear..not cheer...for the Bluesthis season,I think it is realistic...what,you expect me to cheer the hawks with a greater than 1 goal OT or SO win? You expect me to cheer for my Blachawks with a rosey 8-4 or 9 -2 win? Sorry but only EDM can do that..a.d only to us..when our millkonarios all decide it is to bothersome to show up and EARN their fat paychecks..but I assure yku they will at some point this season revert to mailing it in mode and because se have only mediocre goalies wehaveno saviour to bail us out when we inevitably get a lazy night...But I do expect that nibt of horror will NOT be against STL tomorrow night..still if Crawford and a couple of others lay a stinker..then STL has the talent to take advantage..so a5-1 loss if a few of our guys bring C or D games is I think realistic too...

Last edited:

MTP

I Love Shinpads
Jan 19, 2010
Downers Grove, IL
My total season points so far: 0
First goal scorer: Hossa
Winning Team: Hawks 3-1
Stars of the game: Hossa, Toews, Seabrook

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica