Blackhawks jersey still top of league, according to anonymous players

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Screenshot 2024-01-31 135352.png

Didn't feel this fit in well with any of the other threads. Nice to see NHLers still think highly of the Hawks jersey.

source: The Athletic

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Always shocking when the best jersey in pro sports is voted the best jersey in the league.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
It will remain that way until the deranged woke left come and ruin it by forcing the hawks to change the logo

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
for what its worth I agree with the top two for sure, the winged wheel is a super nice jersey as well. Rangers jersey is not in the top 10 for me though...sure do like the black Canucks jerseys with the skate logo that they are using this year and the Kraken jersey is pretty sweet as is the Knights

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I maintain my position that people react more to the color combos and art style/line style than anything else.

That is, you draw a new logo with the same color and line art style, and people would adopt it quick, but keep the same logo and present it in new colors and style, you’d have more backlash.

The rest is just personal investment, and association with strong memories. Every fan has strong memories of the sweater they watched their favorite players play in or win the cup in.

Reactions: CallMeShaft

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I maintain my position that people react more to the color combos and art style/line style than anything else.

That is, you draw a new logo with the same color and line art style, and people would adopt it quick, but keep the same logo and present it in new colors and style, you’d have more backlash.

The rest is just personal investment, and association with strong memories. Every fan has strong memories of the sweater they watched their favorite players play in or win the cup in.
I agree with all of this.

As a hockey fan who isn't a fan of the Canucks, for example, I honestly keep forgetting whether they are currently rocking the "Orca" or the "Hockey Stick in a Box" right now. If the colors were widely different on the logos, I'd imagine I'd notice it a lot more than I do.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Yeah, screw the Blues, but the blue note is a top five NHL logo for me (Hawks, Habs, Flyers, and Wild, deal with it). Their jerseys are usually solid, too, as long as they don’t needlessly go through one of their phases where they feel like they need a dash of red for some reason. Their light blue jerseys are great especially.

At the risk of turning in my Hawks fan card though, I think that the red retro Calgary jerseys might be my favorite in the league.

Darkstar

Nov 3, 2007
Denver, CO
I always thought the Flyers were the closest to being as iconic as the O6 sweaters. I always liked the dark blue Vancouver sweaters from the Jovocop era. I really like the Avs alternate sweater.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com

Bring back the black jerseys

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad