Rumor: Blackhawks in mix for Mike Reilly (update: didn't get him)

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Guess 2 million in the streets was too much for Reilly to handle....rather would go fishing on some Minny Lake..

ANYWAY...good news for our LD prospects...

Nothingman*

This guy was not going to impact our roster this year or possibly next. The fact that he might make it on the Mild roster this year says a lot about their 'depth' in organ I zation.

scarchelli

Aug 19, 2014
Kinda glad he didn't sign here considering it means I wont see rosters from some people where hes the 3rd/4th dman.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Maybe that fool's 3 Stanley Cup rings were causing too much glare and Reilly got a headache and didn't feel like negotiating anymore. So he goes to the team who lost to that fool in the playoffs 3 consecutive years.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Clearly he's not nearly the ready prospect people wanted him to be.. but that whole team is trash.

The team just as 3 wins, and only 1 player on the whole squad has a positive +/-

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I know that individual stats don't necessarily tell everything, and +/- is especially the case for that, but woof.... being dead last in anything ain't good.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
One can go blind if they watch Iowa for more than a few shifts, I wouldn't read much into his personal stats. Clendening was an AHL monster for example.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
The Iowa Wild are terrible so =/- might be the worst indicator ever. They literally have almost 0 talent down there.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Ok ,, Yet only 2 players have anything worse then -10 on roster

One is 30 yr old former NHL journeyman defender Tyson Stratchan at -16 ,, The other is Uber prospect Mike Reilly at -17 and both goalies have respectable sv pct as well (.920 and .912) so it isn't the goaltending killing them

Also his 2 goals + 3 assists in 17 pts is certainly not good and disappointing

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

One is 30 yr old former NHL journeyman defender Tyson Stratchan at -16 ,, The other is Uber prospect Mike Reilly at -17 and both goalies have respectable sv pct as well (.920 and .912) so it isn't the goaltending killing them

That team is terrible. Their leading scorer has 8 points, 8. As a goalie you can have a decent save percentage but if you are getting peppered with 40 shots a game (they average 33-36 shots against a game).

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012

Like BK Longue is pointing out, their leading score has 8 pts. That 5 pts he has is tied for 3rd on the team.

He's definitely disappointing still for a guy proclaimed to be NHL ready and desiring to get on a team with an NHL opening. He needed this strong reality check.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
There is absolutely nothing to read into Iowa's stats. Just watch one period of that team...if you can. They were brutal last year and somehow they managed to get worse as a team and in terms of individual talent matchups.

If one is to argue that Reilly is good or bad, don't base it on any stats coming from that team.

Minnesota has a very solid blueline as it is, not an easy group to grab minutes from right now. For all we know Reilly is only holding a place there until a deal is made with one of the roster dmen. Maybe he is brutal and they cast his brutal game to a place of statistical hopelessness.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
That team is terrible. Their leading scorer has 8 points, 8. As a goalie you can have a decent save percentage but if you are getting peppered with 40 shots a game (they average 33-36 shots against a game).

Which is the reason I was shocked he diddnt sign here. Yeah I get that he has family ties with the Wild but if im a highly regarded NHL prospect, i'm putting family stuff aside and making the best move for my career. He very obviously wasn't going to crack a spot on that Wild blue line out of camp. He knew damnwell he was going to be playing for the Iowa Wild for the most part of this season. There is nothing worse for a defensman's development than playing on a dog **** team. Here he would have had a shot to make the Hawks out of camp and showcase his abilities in the NHL alot sooner than he's going to with the Wild. Who knows if he'll even get an extended NHL look before his ELC expires.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad