Post-Game Talk: Blackhawks at Rangers - December 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Staal's been trailing a lot of plays and getting off shots in the slot. He and Holden have this weird synergy breaking out of the zone that allows Staal to follow the play more often.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
O I agree with your point on his skating and jumping up in the rush. I was speaking more to his in zone play once were already set up in the offensive zone and he gets the luck at the blue line. He seems to look to go d to d and if it's covered you see a lot of uncertainty

Yeah, he definitely lacks poise with the puck, that's for sure.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Uhhh...so are you saying Girardi does or doesn't effect this?

girardi obviously negatively impacts his on ice attempts but I feel like McDonagh should have more individual attempts than Girardi easily.

Also, those individual counts are counting time spent away from one another so Girardi might even have the same or more individual attempts when it's just them two out there.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
i think Dan Girardi has the better shot TBH...id rather have DG take the shot than McD...McD has a good wristshot, because he gets it though and its nice and deflectable...but when it comes to actually scoring a goal, i think DG has way more velocity than McD.

Velocity doesn't matter that much in the NHL it's mainly how quick you're hands are and if you can fool the goalie with timing

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Idk, Karlsson and Burns? They're elite offensively. McDonagh isn't. McDonagh is a prototypical #1D. Burns would have 60,000 shot attempts paired with a block of tofu.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Staal's been trailing a lot of plays and getting off shots in the slot. He and Holden have this weird synergy breaking out of the zone that allows Staal to follow the play more often.

Dare I saw, they've actually been an pretty decent 2nd pairing.

Who would've seen that coming at the beginning of the season?

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Is he available? Get Gorton on the phone
He's a true warrior:

055___tofu_by_evilwaluigi-d9mop41.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad