Recalled/Assigned: Blacker call up (Fraser had surgery to repair fracture)

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Yikes about Fraser. Hopefully Blacker doesn't have to see ice time at all and I mean that in the best possible way.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I totally understand what you mean. We don't want to lose any more D-men.

Exactly. If Blacker is playing, that means someone else got hurt or someone else is playing AWFULLY.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Fraser has a fracture

That's a bummer. Hope he's better soon.

I had that sick feeling in my gut as soon as it happened. Hard to imagine taking a slapshot flush in the face.

As bad as it is, thank God it wasn't an eye or in the temple. Again, hope he recovers fully and quickly.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Too bad for fraser, but the silver lining is that randy will be forced to ice liles and a defense with only one slug....so even though fraser is better than OB, this i.jury likely ends up improving our team, not hurting it.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Too bad for fraser, but the silver lining is that randy will be forced to ice liles and a defense with only one slug....so even though fraser is better than OB, this i.jury likely ends up improving our team, not hurting it.

Liles in for Fraser should really help the PK in these playoffs.

Fraser a +18 on the season and Liles a -1 at even strength also a big improvement defensively.

Liles is also better suited to deal with Bruins big forwards using his size, strength and physicality to neutralize their advantage.

Hopefully Fraser is okay soon, but in the meantime Liles is more than an adequate replacement for him in his absence.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007

Fraser a +18 on the season and Liles a -1 at even strength also a big improvement defensively.

Liles is also better suited to deal with Bruins big forwards using his size, strength and physicality to neutralize their advantage.

Hopefully Fraser is okay soon, but in the meantime Liles is more than an adequate replacement for him in his absence.

I see what you've done here.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
I think this shows the faith in Kostka :laugh:

We have 2 defensemen sitting in the pressbox before this, Liles + Kostka. I assume Fraser going down means Liles goes in. TML doesn't even want to chance having another injury it looks like with Kostka as the only replacement.

JMcLeaf

We have 2 defensemen sitting in the pressbox before this, Liles + Kostka. I assume Fraser going down means Liles goes in. TML doesn't even want to chance having another injury it looks like with Kostka as the only replacement.

Kostka has a broken finger

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
Strange to call up Blacker. He was a scratch for the first two playoff games I saw.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I see what you've done here.

Fraser is a big loss to the Leafs in all aspects of the game other than offensively, which isn't his responsibility to begin with.

Against a big, physical team like the Bruins it will be more noticeable, than had we been facing a fast, small, skilled opponent.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario

Kostka is not a replacment, he's injured too.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Strange to call up Blacker. He was a scratch for the first two playoff games I saw.

Not that strange then. No Marlies will be taken out of a game then. Blacker isnt playing unless we have another injury (and survive game 5), in which case we can call up another dman.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Kostka has a broken finger

:laugh: Totally forgot about that.

This is me and this thread now
tumblr_llrnijJQyO1qk7sjzo1_500.gif

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010

I feel like the proper way to play the Bruins is positionally and making them skate. Liles does this.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00