Injury Report: Bjugstad 10/4/16 (broken hand), expected to play 11/22

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida
5 week timetable for return would put him a week away.

Anyone know how his recovery is going and if he will be back in the next week or so? Batting?

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
George Richards ‏@GeorgeRichards · 45s46 seconds ago

Florida Panthers coach Gerard Gallant says James Reimer in net Thursday v Leafs; Nick Bjugstad (hand) not back until Sun v NYR at earliest

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
This has been going on for years.

His style of play makes more sense at the wing. Let Malgin feed him the puck and Bjugstad can use that shot more often. He's good in board battles. Less defensive responsibilities, maybe it'll open him up a bit more.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
His style of play makes more sense at the wing. Let Malgin feed him the puck and Bjugstad can use that shot more often. He's good in board battles. Less defensive responsibilities, maybe it'll open him up a bit more.
I don't know about that. He has more room in the middle of the ice, he actually has trouble along the boards because he is so tall.
It's a mental thing, I don't think he'll open up more, playing a position he's being forced to play. He'll try his best obviously, but it's just natural human instinct to feel demoted when you get moved from your position to another like that.
I mean, I don't know what would be so bad or has been so bad having this guy play center as opposed to playing wing.
He's still trying to find his niche due to being so big and trying to play within a team concept and not just going a solo forays to the net like he's perfectly capable of doing. It causes him to hesitate while he's trying to decide and then his game looks off. Of course smaller players are going to look better than he does in the adjustment stage, they don't have the option of taking to the net any time they want, they don't have to think, they just play the game and develop all parts of their game.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Nick will see plenty of draws even as the RW as he is better in the FO circle than Malgin. It's not that hard to switch back. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad