Injury Report: Bjugstad 1/6/17 (groin injury), out for 2 weeks, expected to play 1/26/17

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Wow.

Can't catch a break at all for injuries. Hopefully it's nothing

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Too bad as Nick looked to be skating well tonight. Well he and Barkov can trade war stories from the pit. Chewing gum must have come loose on the joint. :(

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Saw him after the Boston game talking with friends, etc. Looked fine but obviously standing there talking is different than skating, etc.

coopdaloop123

Mar 11, 2013
FL
I know you like him. I'm sure he's a really good dude. Bolland was probably a really good dude too. It's a business though.

Like many, he's struggled a lot this year, but what he showed during his first two seasons wasn't a fluke. His contract is good even if he ends up putting up only 35-40 points a season when healthy (which is the big if we are all waiting for). He's still young and you won't get good value in a trade, so no reason to not continue giving him a shot. I'm just shaking my head at the buyout comment. You don't pay a player of that age and potential to just go away. Bolland was completely different and couldn't play anymore. Not even close to comparable. So, in short, yes he's struggling and has been banged up a lot, but it's silly to dump him just to dump him.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Like many, he's struggled a lot this year, but what he showed during his first two seasons wasn't a fluke. His contract is good even if he ends up putting up only 35-40 points a season when healthy (which is the big if we are all waiting for). He's still young and you won't get good value in a trade, so no reason to not continue giving him a shot. I'm just shaking my head at the buyout comment. You don't pay a player of that age and potential to just go away. Bolland was completely different and couldn't play anymore. Not even close to comparable. So, in short, yes he's struggling and has been banged up a lot, but it's silly to dump him just to dump him.

Ya it's remarkable what short term memory these people have.. like his injuries usage and linemates and team struggles have no affect.. trading him at this point would be the epitome of poor asset management

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Ya it's remarkable what short term memory these people have.. like his injuries usage and linemates and team struggles have no affect.. trading him at this point would be the epitome of poor asset management

While I 100% agree, its quite funny you only apply those principals to Nick's situation.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
While I 100% agree, its quite funny you only apply those principals to Nick's situation.

What do u mean? It's easy to imply on an individual base.. u can't use it as an excuse for a whole team cause it happens to everyone and is unavoidable.. what don't u understand?

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
Bjugstad and Petrovic will play tomorrow

Here's a small video I took at practice.

Bjuggy basically went full speed. Was wearing a green jersey. Looks like he's ready. Petro definitely ready. He was making hits and checking.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Good news.

Sgar/Kegger to be the guy sent down, or do they want McCann back in the AHL?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad