Bizzare foot injury to Turco - Bruins welcome Dan "The Man"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaive-Alive

Mar 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
Boston: The Bruins were forced to call an emergency session at the Rusty Bean early this morning as the news trickled in from St. Bean's Hospital that Marty Turco had severely bruised his...heel. Yes - his heel. An unusual injury to say the least. "I am quite shocked to be honest - this is a page right out of Spinal Tap. They lost many drummers over the years - one to a bizarre gardening accident. Another to spontaneous combustion. There had to have been a bruised heel in there somewhere precipitating those unusual events. This has all the tell-tale signs of Voodoo." stated a stunned GM Krueger.
With the Bruins scrambling to find a back-up for Osgoode, things were looking grim. "There was no time to deal for a back-up, our roster was incomplete, and we couldn't afford to turn the job over to any old "Blockhead". So, I turned to my scouting staff and said "Who's left out there?" and they just looked at me and shook their heads. Then finally one of them said,"I know a guy in the AHL who's on fire...". I asked him who this guy was and he tells me some bloak named Dan 'The Man'. So I said, "Dan-the-man who?" and he tells me "Dan 'The Man' Sabourin. I just looked at him. Good grief. God help us. Sign him."
So there you have it folks - the newest Bruin is Danny Sabourin. The Beantown boat has been rocked, but Dan 'The Man' will at least allow them to play with a full roster. He has been signed to an HFNHL minimum contract - and although he is the top goaltender in the AHL this year, his time with the Bruins will likely be very limited. If Osgoode goes down - Dan 'The Man' will not be able to keep this ship afloat for long. Krueger and company can only pray that Turco has a quick recovery.

Bobby Orr
Boston Globe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad