Post-Game Talk: Bird

3 Stars

• Total voters

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Maybe, but based on 30+ years of watching coaches "operate," I find it way more likely that he thinks Fox is bad at protecting because he's short.
eh, i think, rightfully so, he saw that Fox was a step slower after he blocked that shot. He was making some fairly lazy plays after that play. Me thinks he was protecting Fox from too many hard minutes when he wasn't 100%.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
IMG_7512.jpeg

This has not gone well in the 5 games since last Saturday, getting caved in.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Great win. The team is tired. This isn't a video game. It's no coincidence that they faltered in the 3rd against Tampa and Pitt. The first 2 periods were fine. 5 in 8 is always tough but even tougher with the last 3 on the road against teams in playoff position or desperate for points. 4 of 5 in this stretch is pretty damn good in my book. Another day game tomorrow. This schedule is total horseshit. At least the Piles have played a lot lately also and not a team with 5 days rest waiting at home. Rangers play 10 of their last 15 at home.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Great win. The team is tired. This isn't a video game. It's no coincidence that they faltered in the 3rd against Tampa and Pitt. The first 2 periods were fine. 5 in 8 is always tough but even tougher with the last 3 on the road against teams in playoff position or desperate for points. 4 of 5 in this stretch is pretty damn good in my book. Another day game tomorrow. This schedule is total horseshit. At least the Piles have played a lot lately also and not a team with 5 days rest waiting at home. Rangers play 10 of their last 15 at home.
I think NYR longest homestand this year was 3 games. Schedule has been so weird. There was one homestand early in the season where they played a couple home games, then off to Minnesota for a random ass 1 game road trip, then immediately back home for Canes.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I think NYR longest homestand this year was 3 games. Schedule has been so weird. There was one homestand early in the season where they played a couple home games, then off to Minnesota for a random ass 1 game road trip, then immediately back home for Canes.
Yes, their longest homestand has been 3 games. They have had a few of those idiotic 1 game road trips to Dallas, Minny, and Chicago I think. The schedule has been utter trash this year.

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
anyone remember how it was considered a miracle any time Lafreniere got an assist? seems like an every game occurrence now

also still don't know how Panarin tucked that 2nd one under the bar. wow

Reactions: yrrebbor

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
First two periods were good enough, but man they couldn’t do a damn thing when Pittsburgh started to push. Panarin line was great, but I was disappointed with that 3rd line, was hoping for a stronger game out of them.
This is a consistent concern year after year: Rangers have never done well when teams apply a heavy forecheck. I honestly don't understand their thinking most times: how do you go into a virtual shell when you're up 3 goals? Keep doing whatever you did to get that lead.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
This is a consistent concern year after year: Rangers have never done well when teams apply a heavy forecheck. I honestly don't understand their thinking most times: how do you go into a virtual shell when you're up 3 goals? Keep doing whatever you did to get that lead.
It's not that simple and desperate teams down by 2 or 3 in the 3rd often push the play. They are also gassed. Expect the same tomorrow. People have unrealistic expectations sometimes. If they come away with a win tomorrow that would be 5 of 6 in this stretch. That would be amazing.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
anyone remember how it was considered a miracle any time Lafreniere got an assist? seems like an every game occurrence now

also still don't know how Panarin tucked that 2nd one under the bar. wow
Some folks were saying Laf has been light lately. I think he looks just fine. He's not a super star, but he is absolutely playing like a top 6 wing. He still has terrible luck though.

Reactions: majordomo

WhereO Is Kakko

Mar 24, 2022
Late to the party, but:

1) I kept the ABC stream going post-game, and the local NYC sports-caster while recapping the game read off the teleprompter “the bearded man” while showing Panarin’s second goal lol
2) IMO, Jack Zones should never be scratched again. Ruhwedel can enjoy watching from the Chase Bridge.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad