Post-Game Talk: Bird

3 Stars

• Total voters

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Win-o-Meter?
Overall expected goals for this game are skewed because of the empty net.

1710639632732.png

1710639702354.png

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
How many posts did we hit in this game?

Tro had 2 alone on that one shift on the PK, Zibs hit one that than ricochet off Jarry's face mask. I think there were at least 2 more. Those could have deflated the Pens a lot sooner.
Four, I believe.

All before we scored on the double powerplay.

We were playing pretty good before the score got wide.

GlasgowNewYorkRanger

Dec 7, 2017
Ferraro was cracking me up saying we miss him protecting a lead.

1) No.

2) We're not in the lead if he's playing. We played a very good game right up until 5-3.

Ferraro is an idiot. I thought the move from NBC to ESPN was going to be good and make nationally televised games more palatable. Wrong. Beating the flightless birds on a national game always highly satisfying, tho, broadcast station regardless!

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
Late to the party, but:

1) I kept the ABC stream going post-game, and the local NYC sports-caster while recapping the game read off the teleprompter “the bearded man” while showing Panarin’s second goal lol
2) IMO, Jack Zones should never be scratched again. Ruhwedel can enjoy watching from the Chase Bridge.
this is why i said they threw away a pick for Ruhwedel... Jones is much better.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I’m just not a schedule complainer, the Rangers get one of the easiest road schedules every year travel wise just for their proximity to a majority of the teams in the East.
That's true, but that's not "THE RANGERS FAULT". I don't complain either, but every year it seems we play the most b2b's (okay, no big deal) but those 3 in 4's, and 3 LONG vacations?
How does THAT make sense?
Increases the chances for injuries. The guys will be wiped. Jeez, I think 9 in 14 or 15.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Some folks were saying Laf has been light lately. I think he looks just fine. He's not a super star, but he is absolutely playing like a top 6 wing. He still has terrible luck though.
Terrible, terrible luck. He easily could have 25. When he crosses that line into "becoming a veteran" those pucks will go in and will rack up the points. His shot is lethal man. Just a little adjustment, lol

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Terrible, terrible luck. He easily could have 25. When he crosses that line into "becoming a veteran" those pucks will go in and will rack up the points. His shot is lethal man. Just a little adjustment, lol
I was thinking during the game that when they start going in for him, they're going to come in buckets.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
this is why i said they threw away a pick for Ruhwedel... Jones is much better.
They've running this narrative for 2-3 years now, "Jones is great but he's too small. Not an everyday player on a championship team. Kind of a boutique player." Now half the fan base believes it, & management makes decisions as if it's true.

If they're smart they'll leave him in the lineup. It was good to see the coach compliment him the other day.

Reactions: gabevh3 and bl02

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I was thinking during the game that when they start going in for him, they're going to come in buckets.
Yeah, like Mika buckets when he's hot. Want the kid to have steady success along with those types of streaks. You could just see it in his face, success is coming and feeling like a HUGE part of this team, and ever rising confidence.

This statement I "ran into", you know where. (Kept the name out to protect the innocent)
"Uncle Gary will provideth if we get in reach of that pick".

You see, even the Pens fans believe what we've been believing for 30 years now, or is it 20?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad