B-Sens Bingo 2015-16 Season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I did my pre-season thoughts here..

Good write up & can't really argue with anything & agree with most of it but a few minor things.

- Lindberg played in Oshawa last yr where he won a Memorial Cup & got accustomed to the NA ice, I doubt he is still adjusting to that.
- I disagree with most fans & think Harpur will stay in Bingo & not get demoted, IMO he is already a good defenceman & will only get better as he gets more comfortable in Bingo but we shall see.
- Nice to see Dreidger get off to a god start, really hope he gets it going this yr.
- I took what you said about Dunn being signed as he was a free agent but I'm not sure that is what you meant. He was drafted by Ottawa, he is a prospect & this is his first yr in the minor leagues after playing in the Quebec junior league.
- I agree with Rutkowski which is too bad, I thought he would stick in Bingo this yr too, but now I have to wonder about Sdao too & whether there is any need for him any more with all the tough guys in Bingo.
- Man, if they add the injured guys Guptil, Robinson & Sdao they will be one big & very tough team & I like a tough team. The vet rule is an interesting one which will keep out one tough guy in every game most likely. My guess is that Greening, Guptil, Penny & Wideman will all be fighting for that one LW spot & Sortini will likely be given the bench from time to time. Two lines of skill & two lines of tough guys, should be interesting.

Puempel - O'Dell - Schneider
Dzingel - Paul - Lindberg
Greening - Ewanyk - Robinson
Dzuirzynski - McCormick - Sortini/Guptil/Penny

Claesson - Kostka
Fraser - Mullen
Lepine - Harpur/Sdao

Dreidger - Greenham

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
Dunn's development fell off a cliff, and his ranking on our prospect list has to be near the bottom.

Does Stortini have a good reputation in the AHL? In the NHL, he was basically known as a human punching bag.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Dunn's development fell off a cliff, and his ranking on our prospect list has to be near the bottom.

I, too, was surprised to see he was offered a contract. Haven't seen him play much, but he seems to keep making the bad kind of headlines.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Dunn was signed in the summer of 2014, a year before a decision had to be made on him. Had they waited until this year I'm not sure they would have given him a contract. Getting sent home by your junior team just before the playoffs start tends to not impress NHL clubs.

Ski

Calder Cup Champs
Oct 18, 2007
Binghamton, NY
Good write up & can't really argue with anything & agree with most of it but a few minor things.

- Lindberg played in Oshawa last yr where he won a Memorial Cup & got accustomed to the NA ice, I doubt he is still adjusting to that.
- I disagree with most fans & think Harpur will stay in Bingo & not get demoted, IMO he is already a good defenceman & will only get better as he gets more comfortable in Bingo but we shall see.
- Nice to see Dreidger get off to a god start, really hope he gets it going this yr.
- I took what you said about Dunn being signed as he was a free agent but I'm not sure that is what you meant. He was drafted by Ottawa, he is a prospect & this is his first yr in the minor leagues after playing in the Quebec junior league.
- I agree with Rutkowski which is too bad, I thought he would stick in Bingo this yr too, but now I have to wonder about Sdao too & whether there is any need for him any more with all the tough guys in Bingo.
- Man, if they add the injured guys Guptil, Robinson & Sdao they will be one big & very tough team & I like a tough team. The vet rule is an interesting one which will keep out one tough guy in every game most likely. My guess is that Greening, Guptil, Penny & Wideman will all be fighting for that one LW spot & Sortini will likely be given the bench from time to time. Two lines of skill & two lines of tough guys, should be interesting.

On Lindgerg,yes he's had one season under his belt but is he ready at the pro level? Time will tell but he has to have some additional time, don't you think?

Dunn was signed in the summer of 2014, a year before a decision had to be made on him. Had they waited until this year I'm not sure they would have given him a contract. Getting sent home by your junior team just before the playoffs start tends to not impress NHL clubs.

You're right. It doesn't matter what off-season year he was signed to, it still appears to be a waste.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
On Lindgerg,yes he's had one season under his belt but is he ready at the pro level? Time will tell but he has to have some additional time, don't you think?

I watched a few of his pre-season/rookie tournament games, looked very good already.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

I got to see him up close at the development camp & I attended the rookie tournament in London, Ontario again up close & have watched him in a couple of exhibition games as well as the Memorial Cup run & IMO he has adjusted to the NA game just fine. I think Bingo fans will be impressed with the kind of all around player he is but I'll leave that for you to comment on during the yr. I don't think he is purely an offensive player, I think this guy also has two way ability & is defensively responsible like a young Michalek.

He also throws the occasional hit but his skating, offensive skills, vision & shot IMO are top six. if not top line skill. He could use a playmaker on his line to get him the puck in scoring areas but he can also create his own chances, he is a decent passer/playmaker & because of his size he isn't easy to knock off the puck. I have high hopes for this guy & Nick Paul on Bingo this yr, pls keep us informed as to how you think he is doing. Have a great weekend Ski.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Just got my upload speed upgraded from 1 MB to 5 MB. Get your popcorn ready for Saturday!

Fan-friggin-tastic!!!

I may be in OH before the end of the year...in Cinci but Columbus isn't that far away...I need to check the Sens schedule and see if I can't coordinate to be there when they are.

I trust you would be up for a game?

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Veteran Stortini Named Binghamton Captain ☺☻☺

Oct, 10th 2015

BINGHAMTON, N.Y. – The Binghamton Senators, top affiliate of the National Hockey League’s Ottawa Senators, announced veteran forward Zack Stortini as the team captain for the 2015-16 season.

Stortini, who is beginning his eleventh season playing professional hockey, signed a two-year, two-way contract with the Ottawa Senators on July 1. The 6-4, 230lb right winger had a career season with the Lehigh Valley Phantoms last year earning career highs in both goals and assists.

Via the Binghamton website more information there...........

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Stortini captain? What in the F

Guy is a veteran of a ton of years, was a captain in juniors at 17. Does a ton for his community wherever he goes, actually put together as respectable season last year in Lehigh Valley playing some PK and PP time. Great choice.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Something interesting occurred to me while looking over the Bingo roster...

The following players qualify as either veterans (V) or veteran exempts (VE):

Zack Stortini - 699 NHL/AHL (V)
Mike Kostka - 476 NHL/AHL (V)
Colin Greening - 326 NHL/AHL (V)
Pat Mullen - 302 AHL (VE)
Mark Fraser - 545 NHL/AHL (V)
Dave Dziurzynski - 320 AHL/NHL (VE)
Fredrik Claesson - 303 AHL/SHL (VE)

Assuming I understand the AHL development rule correctly, you can only dress a total of 6 V/VE players per game, so one of those guys is going to have to sit out each game.

Hmmmmmmm???????????????

I just checked to make sure after I got home from the game but all 7 of the vets or VE played for Binghamton last nite????????????

Perhaps they changed the rule????????????

Wonder what happens if Binghamton screwed up a forfeit?????

Interesting anybody know???????????

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Binghamton 4 Albany 1 10.10.15 ☺☻☺

Albany Devils 1 at Binghamton Senators 4 - Status: Final
Saturday, October 10, 2015 - Floyd L. Maines Veterans Memorial Arena

Albany 1 0 0 - 1
Binghamton 1 1 2 - 4

1st Period-1, Binghamton, Greening 1 (Mullen, Paul), 9:48 (PP). 2, Albany, Blandisi 1 (Gragnani), 13:46 (PP). Penalties-Coleman Alb (interference), 9:31; O'Dell Bng (high-sticking), 11:41; Greening Bng (boarding), 13:13.

2nd Period-3, Binghamton, O'Dell 1 (Lindberg, Dzingel), 18:37. Penalties-Fraser Bng (roughing, unsportsmanlike conduct), 2:10; Lindberg Bng (holding), 6:58; Coleman Alb (high-sticking), 13:35; Tropp Alb (unsportsmanlike conduct - helmet violation), 19:30.

3rd Period-4, Binghamton, Dziurzynski 1 (Kostka, Stortini), 3:40. 5, Binghamton, O'Dell 2 (Lindberg), 10:33. Penalties-Letourneau-Leblond Alb (roughing), 5:30; Tropp Alb (fighting), 10:28; Fraser Bng (fighting), 10:28; Helgeson Alb (misconduct - unsportsmanlike conduct), 16:19; Hrabarenka Alb (roughing, misconduct - unsportsmanlike conduct), 16:19; McKelvie Alb (roughing), 16:19; Dziurzynski Bng (misconduct - unsportsmanlike conduct), 16:19; Harpur Bng (roughing, cross-checking), 16:19; Stortini Bng (roughing, misconduct - unsportsmanlike conduct), 16:19.

Shots on Goal-Albany 16-12-5-33. Binghamton 10-10-12-32.
Power Play Opportunities-Albany 1 / 6; Binghamton 1 / 4.
Goalies-Albany, Danis 0-1-0 (32 shots-28 saves). Binghamton, Driedger 1-0-0 (33 shots-32 saves).

Not too bad for the 1st game of the season overall..................................

Still a lot of work to be done down here............

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Hmmmmmmm???????????????

I just checked to make sure after I got home from the game but all 7 of the vets or VE played for Binghamton last nite????????????

Perhaps they changed the rule????????????

Wonder what happens if Binghamton screwed up a forfeit?????

Interesting anybody know???????????

No idea why all those guys were allowed to dress. The only thing I can think of is that maybe Claesson's SHL games don't count because he was junior age when they were played.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
No idea why all those guys were allowed to dress. The only thing I can think of is that maybe Claesson's SHL games don't count because he was junior age when they were played.

"Ouroboros":

That sounds good to me as Claesson is just 22 yrs old now, thanks for pointing that out to me.........

Also we have never even been close to the vet rule in Binghamton so it has never come up until now...............

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Great job bingo. Nice to see so many guys on the scoresheet.
Thanks Zeke.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Seems they made all the vets captains and alternates, despite being new to the team. No complaints from me as all the returning players are much too young and inexperienced. None of whom have really shown leadership in the same way either.

Great job in the season opener!

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
I got next Saturday's game. Too bad I'm not back in SYR to represent. I'll spam the TBL board to let 'em know

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad