Confirmed with Link: Binghamton Senators Sign Ottawa Native Mike Borkowski To Try-Out Contract

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada

swedishChef_1625.jpg

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Everyone around here needs to take a deep breath, Ottawa produces tons of NHL quality talent. Ripping on the guy just because he is from Ottawa is absolutely absurd. Id love to see you guys lace em up with all the chirping that goes on around here.

With that being said, the Spinks are both much better players but due to their size are destined for europe.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Everyone around here needs to take a deep breath, Ottawa produces tons of NHL quality talent. Ripping on the guy just because he is from Ottawa is absolutely absurd. Id love to see you guys lace em up with all the chirping that goes on around here.

With that being said, the Spinks are both much better players but due to their size are destined for europe.

"Bert":

Makes no diff where the player comes from to me..... Scouts for the Sens have seen something they like on this player "Mike Borkowski"....

IF he shows something he might be offered an Binghamton AHL contract for next season...... If not nothing ventured nothing lost...............

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
Since someone brought it up; there is nothing wrong signing Ottawa natives. There is a problem giving Ottawa natives significant priority over other players

In fairness, lots of Ottawa guys were never (or haven't been) given 'a shot' (Corey Cowick, O'Dell, Brassard, Fraser

and lots of Ottawa guys didn't get extensions (Carkner, Benoit, Brendan Bell, Martin St Pierre, Alex Picard)

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Bingo,s reload is already starting ,gonna be fun to watch some fresh good young talent down there

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
In fairness, lots of Ottawa guys were never (or haven't been) given 'a shot' (Corey Cowick, O'Dell, Brassard, Fraser

and lots of Ottawa guys didn't get extensions (Carkner, Benoit, Brendan Bell, Martin St Pierre, Alex Picard)

It's weird that it is seen as a bad thing that Ottawa tries more than other cities to find NHL players out of the Ottawa region

Go figure.

Montreal doesn't do that enough and they get BASHED. Ottawa does it a lot and they get BASHED. Go figure again.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
It's weird that it is seen as a bad thing that Ottawa tries more than other cities to find NHL players out of the Ottawa region

Go figure.

Montreal doesn't do that enough and they get BASHED. Ottawa does it a lot and they get BASHED. Go figure again.

Same thing for Toronto too.

Honestly though i think it's just a vocal minority who don't like the attempt to get some local players. For the most part, it's been a great effort, amd many fans appreciate it. Methot, Pageau and Ceci are all solid nhl players who could play a role on any team. Pageau is easily one of the most popular fan favourites and a big part of that is him being a local guy.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Ten posts making jokes to entertain each other in good fun.

Ten posts from guys who can't seem to understand that it was all in good fun and not a one of those posts was serious.

Yeah, go figure indeed.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Currently unable to prove it but i believe this is the team giving Mark Borowiecki an addtional contract

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Same thing for Toronto too.

Honestly though i think it's just a vocal minority who don't like the attempt to get some local players. For the most part, it's been a great effort, amd many fans appreciate it. Methot, Pageau and Ceci are all solid nhl players who could play a role on any team. Pageau is easily one of the most popular fan favourites and a big part of that is him being a local guy.

This post gives me hope that not all hope is lost, I have to keep in mind "it's just a vocal minority", i.e I call them the "yappers"

312639_c55f9d9e57e49de64f5631c0f6349ea5_mdsq.jpg

Ten posts making jokes to entertain each other in good fun.

Ten posts from guys who can't seem to understand that it was all in good fun and not a one of those posts was serious.

Yeah, go figure indeed.

You really think I am basing myself on this thread? And not the hundreds or even thousands of posts that I have read over the years?

My first post in this thread was actually a "biglaugh" in reaction to a post "making jokes to entertain each other in good fun"

Good job man, really a great job I must say.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
It must certainly be easier to attract and sign local guys. And I wouldn't blame management for exploiting that.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I wonder how many of the local guys were actually fans of the team before they got here?

Methot was a fan too. I've seen pictures of him when he was younger wearing Sens gear.

Ceci was for sure. The Sens have gotten a lot of PR mileage out of him being one of the flag boys from the beginning of the game when he was 12.

And Pageau grew up a Nordiques fan, then cheered for the Sens out of spite to the Habs. Which explains why he plays like Sidney Crosby every time he plays them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad