Confirmed with Link: Binghamton Senators Sign Ottawa Native Mike Borkowski To Try-Out Contract

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Methot was a fan too. I've seen pictures of him when he was younger wearing Sens gear.

Ceci was for sure. The Sens have gotten a lot of PR mileage out of him being one of the flag boys from the beginning of the game when he was 12.

And Pageau grew up a Nordiques fan, then cheered for the Sens out of spite to the Habs. Which explains why he plays like Sidney Crosby every time he plays them.

It's actually incredible. 3 extra jumps in his step. That's what motivation can do.

Anyway, it seems like none of us know anything about Mike Borkowski, so there isn't much sense in adding a sarcastic comment.

Glue Guy Mark's cousin Scrub Ottawa Native Fire GMBM

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
And Pageau grew up a Nordiques fan, then cheered for the Sens out of spite to the Habs. Which explains why he plays like Sidney Crosby every time he plays them.

He was only two years old when the Nords moved to Denver. 'Grew up a Nords fan' in the loosest sense of the term maybe! :)

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
It must certainly be easier to attract and sign local guys. And I wouldn't blame management for exploiting that.

Yes. Most Sens fans aren't teenagers in their parents basement. For most of the adult working class, I think cheering for local guys playing on their favorite team means a LOT, seeing guys from their area succeed. For me, it does absolutely nothing since I am in Montreal but I just can't understand why it is discussed the way it is most of the time. Of course, teams should always try to get local players. It seems to work really fine with Pageau, Ceci, Methot and even Borowiecki (who is a serviceable physical 6th/7th D-man)

:laugh: that is awesome

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
Really good article on Borkowski, seeing as most of our guys will not be joining Binghamton until the following year, I am on board for giving him an ELC. We need to re-stack the cupboard with prospects and we do not have enough in the system currently.

http://www.pressconnects.com/story/sports/hockey/minors/b-sens/2016/03/15/prized-college-free-agent-signs-b-sens/81827964/

"The entire week after the college season you just kind of have to get your footing and figure out where you want to go,” Borkowski said. “I have a good relationship with (B-Sens coach) Luke (Richardson), he expressed some interest so here I am.”

The future of Borkowski is a little more uncertain after the season concludes. While Ottawa would likely be happy to sign the forward, a good performance in the stretch of the season could drive up his leverage when negotiating an entry-level deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad