Confirmed with Link: Bill Peters hired as bench coach for the Hurricanes

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
What about in prison?

Am I wrong in remembering that is crimes were. 1 kicking a player in the bench. 2. Using a racial slur talking about a players music choices and 3. Being a crappy Canes head coach that over used the line blender.

Does that merit wishes of him A being in prison and B getting prison sex?

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Am I wrong in remembering that is crimes were. 1 kicking a player in the bench. 2. Using a racial slur talking about a players music choices and 3. Being a crappy Canes head coach that over used the line blender.

Number 3 does.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
I don’t think Michal Jordan is laughing.
I’m sure he’s got wicked back and neck problems as a result. Cmon. No he shouldn’t have done it. But “abusive” implies another level of shit.

Anyways. Not a big deal. He’ll either win or he won’t.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I’m sure he’s got wicked back and neck problems as a result. Cmon. No he shouldn’t have done it. But “abusive” implies another level of shit.

Anyways. Not a big deal. He’ll either win or he won’t.
I mean, a whole lot adds up to being a guy that we should be glad we got rid of. You start adding stuff like the Aliu situation, kicking Jordan, and the very public "make a f***ing save" thing with Lack. If you're an asshole that gets results you'll get the benefit of the doubt. Herb Brooks and Scotty Bowman were reportedly supreme assholes. Peters never got those kind of results here though.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
I mean, a whole lot adds up to being a guy that we should be glad we got rid of. You start adding stuff like the Aliu situation, kicking Jordan, and the very public "make a f***ing save" thing with Lack. If you're an asshole that gets results you'll get the benefit of the doubt. Herb Brooks and Scotty Bowman were reportedly supreme assholes. Peters never got those kind of results here though.
Oh 100%. He didn’t get it done. I’m not sure he was wrong about Lack haha. But it was time when he was let go, no doubt.

Funny you mention Aliu - the behind the scenes crap that every person in hockey knows/knew about is the reason he never quite “made it” - not because he was blackballed by Bill Peters.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010

He also relied heavily on crowding the paint and kicking the puck to the defenseman for a contested point shot, banking that over an 82 game season this would break in the teams favor. Totally unlike the modern Hurricanes.

this is a joke i just think it's funny brind'amour is not dissimilar to peters x's and o's + laviolette's try hard wrapped in a new age players coach

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Except that anymore you need that players coach mentality or you’re going to get tuned out fast. Especially if you’re trying to win with a crummy roster the way peters was. Coaching isn’t just about x and o it’s also about motivating people to all row in the same direction and Brind’Amour is good at that, peters didn’t seem to have any strategy other than be a prick

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Abusive lol
Abusive is an accurate term. Kicking a player is abusive. Using a racial slur is abusive.

Does that mean he's an eternal asshole who never deserves another chance ever? No. But that behavior was pretty much the definition of abusive, and that's why the best job he can currently get is as a juniors coach, and if he does it again, I guarantee you that he will get shit canned.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
You know lots of us bury EStaalo and Skinner for giving up on the team on their way out the door, interesting who was coaching at the time.
Staal floated under multiple coaches, but I 100% blame Peters for Skinner. Skinner was often the only Cane to give a shit during some of those years and Peters punished him for it.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Staal floated under multiple coaches, but I 100% blame Peters for Skinner. Skinner was often the only Cane to give a shit during some of those years and Peters punished him for it.
Derek Ryan was Peters’ Chad LaRose so maybe he didn’t see it as a punishment.

Reactions: zman77 and DaveG

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
You know lots of us bury EStaalo and Skinner for giving up on the team on their way out the door, interesting who was coaching at the time.
Staal, yes, mostly because if he played every season with the kind of effort he showed at the start of the 05-06 season than he'd be a sure thing HOFer and the team would have had at minimum twice as many playoff appearances in his time here. Playoff Eric was a beast here and it's a shame we didn't get to see more of it.

Skinner didn't give up until that last year here when it was quite clear he'd had it with Peters. The rest of the supporting cast by that point was just not good enough though was improving.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Staal, yes, mostly because if he played every season with the kind of effort he showed at the start of the 05-06 season than he'd be a sure thing HOFer and the team would have had at minimum twice as many playoff appearances in his time here. Playoff Eric was a beast here and it's a shame we didn't get to see more of it.

Skinner didn't give up until that last year here when it was quite clear he'd had it with Peters. The rest of the supporting cast by that point was just not good enough though was improving.
Staal floated under everyone at one point or another. He straight up quit his last season with Peters. To the point he couldn’t hack it with the Rangers and had to take a nothing contract to get his career back. Obviously he takes plenty of blame for that but I don’t find it shocking his career cratered under that nutsack.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Bill Peters ran kids into burning buildings.
NGCZ.gif

But in reverse

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville

I'm not really sure Skinner "gave up" no question he didn't care a bit about playing in Peter's system. I seem to remember a play on the PK I think Skins was being aggressive in I think the Sabers ironically zone. He stole the puck from the D- man and scored point blank. So he still played and played hard just was doing his thing not the game plan.

BTW that was an awesome play and not one I will ever forget

Reactions: DaveG

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I'm not really sure Skinner "gave up" no question he didn't care a bit about playing in Peter's system. I seem to remember a play on the PK I think Skins was being aggressive in I think the Sabers ironically zone. He stole the puck from the D- man and scored point blank. So he still played and played hard just was doing his thing not the game plan.

BTW that was an awesome play and not one I will ever forget
Been staring at this for hours and can't figure out where that zone is :sarcasm:

1693584642871.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad