Confirmed with Link: Bill Armstrong agrees to contract extension (UPD: Signed through 2028-29)

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
That's a long time, but I like what he's done so far. Hopefully he can keep building on it.
Exactly. Right now BA can do no wrong in the eyes of Coyote fans. BA said it himself that there has been no pressure on him or the team to win, but said that changes this year. Let's see how everyone performs under some pressure.

Reactions: cobra427

Baby Doaner

Mar 14, 2021
Either they take a step this year or they regress, necessitating further trades. Either way BA is the guy you want in charge of those outcomes.
I mean are there any other options captain?

87turbobuick

Jan 13, 2011
Phoenix
131-147-38, 41% win Chaka 4 years.
77-116-27, 35% win Armstrong 3 years.
Lots of draft picks are his claim to fame, success at the draft is very difficult in the National.
How many more years do we wait?
" You are what your record says you are" Parcells

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Lots of draft picks are his claim to fame, success at the draft is very difficult in the National.
Not really apples to apples. Chayka was spending futures for win-now pieces (I blame Barroway). Bill is building futures at a rate never seen before.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
one GM was trying to win and one was trying to get a better draft pick.

we need to judge BA on what he's building. Right now that means we judge contracts, trades, and draft picks.

the trades are lopsided because we managed to leverage cap space during the pandemic for a boatload of picks. We turned a bad situation in OEL's contract into Guenther.

Cooley has turned out to be probably the top pick of his draft class. I don't even think BA had him at #1 overall but we will take it. Moser has been a solid pick. Some of the russians we took over the past few drafts look very promising but we will likely be scrutinizing Simashev and But for a year or two against other prospects who were ranked higher by most media.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

I know this is the Internet and context (along with irony) has been dead for ages now, but man, just throwing out the stats without any reference at all to any other factors is just terrible.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
IMG_4238.jpeg

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

Chayka traded/lost significant futures to get that 41% win percentage, which isn't even good. Night and day difference between the two.

Reactions: Grimes

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I'm just happy to see the continuity. The same group who came together to build this thing are being trusted to see it through. Time will tell if they can pull it off but thus far they've been doing a great job IMO and I'm extremely optimistic about the future.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Chayka traded/lost significant futures to get that 41% win percentage, which isn't even good. Night and day difference between the two.
So, if Chayka is a top 5 GM, BA must be #1 in your books.

I'm just happy to see the continuity. The same group who came together to build this thing are being trusted to see it through. Time will tell if they can pull it off but thus far they've been doing a great job IMO and I'm extremely optimistic about the future.
Like I mentioned before, the Coyote ownership deserves much praise for trying to get that much needed stability in the organization.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
That interview is a f***ing nightmare. No one turning on the dehumidifier and a trainer being our cap experts, what a mess.

To be clear I loved BA in the interview, those are just so baaaaaad from previous regimes.

Reactions: SR and MIGs Dog

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
That interview is a f***ing nightmare. No one turning on the dehumidifier and a trainer being our cap experts, what a mess.

To be clear I loved BA in the interview, those are just so baaaaaad from previous regimes.
Amazing what merit based hiring can do. BA is clearly qualified and paid his dues for years, having demonstrable success every step of the way. And the same can be said for every he’s hired. That’s just never been the case around here. Historically it’s been buddies hooking up buddies. All the way back to Gretzky and Barnett.

The owner, who has never coached ever has given himself an NHL head coaching job and named his own agent the General Manager of the team, despite him having no management experience. That’s classic Coyotes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad