as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
As long as you don't mean dirt bikes.

That'd probably be excellent training.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
I actually love biking. I bought myself a road bike about half a year ago. Def good workout. I don't do any races, but I usually go out for a 1-2 hour ride as often as possible just cause it's fun.

technophile

Oct 10, 2005
Austin, TX
www.randomtree.org
When I go to the gym I usually do at least a half hour on the stationary bike (either interval training or a "random" course) -- really good for the cardiovascular system. When I was biking 30+ miles a week, I could skate circles around the other guys, even after doing long skating drills or suicide sprints.

And anything that strengthens your legs is good for hockey. ;)

HeHateMeFrisbee

Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
Its an excellent way to train. Cycling is great for your cardio-vascular, as well as it builds leg strength. It should be a staple for all hockey players.

Crossroads*

I'm going to be playing for a university hockey team in the Toronto area starting next year.

I BMX regularly in the summer (everyday, 5-6 hours a day- flatland or vert) and it provides me with great cardio and strength training. It has been rather effective. . . as I'm always in shape. It also helps for the ladies :P.

Perhaps 'bike racing' (BMX racing? or Mountain Bike racing?) could have the same effects for you.

toroytorero

Sep 20, 2005
I rode mountain bikes a lot and still do .. though not as much now that I play hockey and my leg strength is far better then the rest of my hockey skills. I can hang with just about anyone in a dead sprint ..it's just the rest of the hockey skills is where I'm lacking.. but Im catching up with that too.

in short I think it helps a lot.. though mountain biking you open yourself up to injury..as with bmx to. but bones heal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad