Biggest Leaf story of 2015

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Shanahan and the Board realizing too late that we have a 30th overall team and missing out on McDavid.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
The rise of William Nylander isn't much of a story.

Pretty expected. I've been saying it since during his draft year.

(It's like the one thing I've gotten right, give it to me, okay!)

We're not ranking these stories based on how expected they were. We're ranking them on their overall effect to the organization.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I don't consider us hiring Babcock is the biggest story. there was always a chance that it would be - and it was.

Kessel wasn't either.

I would say -

Trading David Clarkson had to be one of the biggest stories, because I honestly and firmly believed we were stuck with that contract for the next umpteen years. I just assumed if we traded Clarkson, we would have gotten a useless player back who sucked and it would have just been frustrating.

Him literally being off the cap (because Horton) was a Lou-ivian move before we even got Lou.

which leads me to

Lou Lamoriello being our GM. that came out of no where. I think we all were penciling Dubas slash Hunter in, kind of reaching for the Pen to write in Mike Futa's name in.... Lou reallllllly shocked all of us and that is a bigger story than us being obvious and offering Babcock the moon

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
Biggest I would say Babcock. I voted for Clarkson trade thinking as the biggest shocker overall :laugh:

Biggest news: Babcock, biggest shocker: Clarkson trade

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
By sheer volume of discussion both here, on twitter, and in the sportsverse:

1 - Babcock

2 - Kessel trade

3 - Clarkson trade.

None of those other stories came anywhere near generating the type of buzz and discussion that followed.

I still remember the pure sense of disbelief when news that Clarkson got moved broke. It was almost celebratory

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad