"Big story" Dropped (Kadri/El Nino)

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
Do people believe that Kadri actually intended to end that poor boy's life by severing his windpipe?

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
My bad. Shame on me for saying something negative about Kadri.

I take it all back. He's awesome.

Sorry, when did I reply to your post on Kadri?

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the fact that putting words in someone's mouth is the easiest way to argue. But still, normally one waits until their points have been addressed before claiming it was done so unfairly...

Last edited:

LeafDangler

Apr 25, 2006
Didn't realize he was asked to whiff on a bunch of chances. My mistake.

If it were a kid from Sweden making a throat slashing gesture to the Canadian bench, all hell would break loose, the Toronto papers would have been all over it, and journalists from all over Canada would be burning the kid at the stake. But because it was a Canadian kid, and worse, a Leafs draft pick, it's fine? Gimme a break. It was a stupid friggen thing to do, and not shaking hands is a poor show of sportsmanship.

Can Kadri be a great player? Yes. Has he been in this tournament, particularly the last few games? No. Does Canada need him to be, and do we hope he is tonight? Hell yes.

Show me a player in this tournament who hasn't made mistakes.

I'd be annoyed at any long lasting media attention stemming from such meaningless crap regradless of nationality. Sportsmanship doesn't win championships, passion, dedication and skill do. Examples of this are too numerous to mention. What would you rather have on your team?

Valid criticism of his play? Sure. A bunch of people trying to read a couple hand gestures as indicators of future performance? Stupid.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
Sorry, when did I reply to your post on Kadri?
Sorry - I figured you were responding to me.

Show me a player in this tournament who hasn't made mistakes.

I'd be annoyed at any long lasting media attention stemming from such meaningless crap regradless of nationality. Sportsmanship doesn't win championships, passion, dedication and skill do. Examples of this are too numerous to mention. What would you rather have on your team?

Valid criticism of his play? Sure. A bunch of people trying to read a couple hand gestures as indicators of future performance? Stupid.
No question, every player on Team Canada (and every team) have made mistakes. And from a bunch of 17-19 year olds, you have to expect some. We see the pros making mistakes too. No one is exempt.

Passion, dedication and skill win out over pretty much everything else. Kadri does get under opposing players' skin. It's part of his game, and I can't stand the little ******* for it. But that means he's doing his job, and doing it well. BUT, if he understands that part of his job is driving the other team nuts, and leaves that crap on the ice (and from what I understand from a few people who know him, he's a great kid off the ice), he needs to understand that his opponents also have a job to do. Not shaking hands because of something that was said on the ice is childish and a bit of an ******* move. He's since said he sort of regrets his decision, so maybe he's learned something from this whole deal. I hope so.

oilerfanatic

Oct 12, 2005
Siberia
this is too convenient..kadri could have been told to keep quiet about any sort of slur..it could ruin his career and the media here would be all over him..he has to understand that this is a battle he'll have to fight throughout his career...once he establishes himself as a player he can be direct with the media...right now he has to ignore the bigots and work on his game..

LeafDangler

Apr 25, 2006
Sorry - I figured you were responding to me.

No question, every player on Team Canada (and every team) have made mistakes. And from a bunch of 17-19 year olds, you have to expect some. We see the pros making mistakes too. No one is exempt.

Passion, dedication and skill win out over pretty much everything else. Kadri does get under opposing players' skin. It's part of his game, and I can't stand the little ******* for it. But that means he's doing his job, and doing it well. BUT, if he understands that part of his job is driving the other team nuts, and leaves that crap on the ice (and from what I understand from a few people who know him, he's a great kid off the ice), he needs to understand that his opponents also have a job to do. Not shaking hands because of something that was said on the ice is childish and a bit of an ******* move. He's since said he sort of regrets his decision, so maybe he's learned something from this whole deal. I hope so.

I wouldn't disagree with any of that.

CanadaBacon

#SavetheGoons
Mar 15, 2009
Hamilton
this is too convenient..kadri could have been told to keep quiet about any sort of slur..it could ruin his career and the media here would be all over him..he has to understand that this is a battle he'll have to fight throughout his career...once he establishes himself as a player he can be direct with the media...right now he has to ignore the bigots and work on his game..

What bigots? what are you talking about?

You think a player needs to keep his mouth shut if he is being racially harrased because it might ruin his career? what?

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007

"too convenient"?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight! It's all a "Big Conspiracy".

Tin-foil hat on a bit too snugly today?

oilerfanatic

Oct 12, 2005
Siberia
What bigots? what are you talking about?

You think a player needs to keep his mouth shut if he is being racially harrased because it might ruin his career? what?

given the current political climate...yes...but that's all i'm going to say given the rules of the thread..

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
He got called Abdullah? Big ****ing deal.

He did a throat slash gesture. That's just as bad and unsportmanlike.

Bill_Crosby*

I think it'd be a bit weird if it was racial considering I believe most people, myself included, consider Lebanese people white.

Even if he did say something Kadri should try to get back at him by scoring, not pouting about it. Once, someone on the other team told my Greek friend to "suck on some olives and eat more feta cheese".

He shut the guy up by scoring 2 goals and laughed about it later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad