Big night out West

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
With the 8 playoff spots essentially wrapped up, it's all about jockeying for position. Tonight 6 of the 8 likely playoff teams go head-to-head. #1 Columbus host #4 Detroit, #7 St Louis hosts #6 Chicago and the hottest team in the league, #8 Anaheim, winners of 12 in a row, visit #5 Minnesota.

The Wild are 5 points out of the 3 spot with a game in hand against the current #3 seed Edmonton and one game left with the Oilers. But first things first. Can the red-hot Ducks be slowed down?

"Well, it's a great test for us," said GM Greg Dockus. "Of our 15 games left, only 6 are against current playoff teams, but we have to treat each of those 15 as playoff games. We have the best home record in the league, so you know that home ice is vital for us."

Who might the spoilers be for Minnesota? 3 road games at Vancouver and 2 home dates against the Avalanche and the Flames.

Sep 23, 2005
Hamilton
Beat those Ducks plleeeeeeasseee!! My comfortable division lead isn't getting so comfortable.....! :dunno:

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
hockeyisgod said:
Beat those Ducks plleeeeeeasseee!! My comfortable division lead isn't getting so comfortable.....! :dunno:

Easy there, fella...10 points is A LOT of ground to make up in 14 games. ;)

Sep 23, 2005
Hamilton
HFNHL Commish said:
Easy there, fella...10 points is A LOT of ground to make up in 14 games. ;)

hahaha, yes I'm aware, but I dont need you guys to get the taste of blood then I could eventually be in trouble!

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
We hope that last night's 4-2 loss against the Red Wings is not a precursor of playoff futility. The Wings elimitated us in seven games last year - although this year it seems we won't face them in the first round unless they (or we) drop significantly in the standings...

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
While the Wild are thrilled to have defeated such a tough opponent, the Oilers continued to win as well.

Running to stand still.

HFNHL Red Wings

My first priority is to catch and pass those Jackets but the probility of that happening is diminishing.

After that, well let's just say I've been scouting your team Greg and have my playoff lineup ready for you. I have an endorsement to consider that requires I win my 1st round matchup ;)

Pandastyle

I needed you to lose that one Greg.....argh :rant:

I'm about to head into a tough stretch with my next game against the Devils then the Red Wings. You on the other hand play the Canucks then the Avs (no offense Sean and Ville :) ).

I guess the race in the Northwest is going to be to the finish...

HFNHL Red Wings

It's tough being in the conference of champions.
Heck the gap from 1st to 8th is only 15 pointsin the West. In the East there's 15 points between 6th and 8th alone and 45 in all from 1st to 8th.
The 6th place Islanders wouldn't even be in the play-offs in the West as you need almost a .600 win percentage. We have GM's with .585 win percentages wondering why their team is having a bad year?!

It's much more interesting this way and those final 10 games will be as important as any this year. Bring it on.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
HFNHL Red Wings said:
After that, well let's just say I've been scouting your team Greg and have my playoff lineup ready for you. I have an endorsement to consider that requires I win my 1st round matchup ;)

I hope you win your 1st round matchup.

Against the Oilers.

Sep 23, 2005
Hamilton
Ohio Jones said:
Isn't that a San Jose trademark? ;)

It's one heck of an exciting race, with only 12 games to go. Like the Proline ads say in Ontario: Anything can happen!!

Only 3 points behind, you should be hearing that loud and clear! ;)

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
With with Wild hosting Colorado and the Oilers facing an always tough Red Wing squad, will the lead in the division be down to one point after tonite?

While the Wild rode Vesa Toskala early when returning starter Dan Cloutier struggled, Cloutier has relcaimed his starting job.

Pandastyle

Yeah, tonights gonna be real tough against the Red Wings. Drew knows the most about this league and what kind of line combos work, and that scares me.

I remember a couple of years back I had St. Louis in the 1st round of the playoffs and Drew helped me with my lines. I didn't win, but the series went 7 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad