OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: I'm Already Sick of Holiday Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
My best friend is a Geordie and it took a while before I fully understood everything she said :laugh:

Birmingham ain't too bad, went to a few decent art galleries when I was doing my Farewell UK Tour :laugh:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I get way too wasted at weddings. It's Monday and I'm still hungover/tired and I was in bed at like 10 yesterday.

I remember my close friend's wedding. I was in the wedding party and we did a bit of pre-reception drinking, so when it came time for the actual reception, I was pretty drunk.

I'm just glad I'm not obnoxious when I drink, otherwise the speech I gave might have had a few more expletives and rude comments.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
So I have this coworker that has this strange habit of bringing people random things. A couple examples would be bringing a lady we work with a paper clip holder that's shaped like a top hat and giving someone else a banana scented eraser.

Today he walked up to me and told me to hold out my hand, which I did after a bit of hesitation. He then proceeded to drop two little vials into my hand that contain frankincense and myrrh.

I have a couple questions. Does he think I'm Jesus and if so, where's my f***ing gold?

Reactions: Peat

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
So I have this coworker that has this strange habit of bringing people random things. A couple examples would be bringing a lady we work with a paper clip holder that's shaped like a top hat and giving someone else a banana scented eraser.

Today he walked up to me and told me to hold out my hand, which I did after a bit of hesitation. He then proceeded to drop two little vials into my hand that contain frankincense and myrrh.

I have a couple questions. Does he think I'm Jesus and if so, where's my ****ing gold?

Spoiler: what he really gave you were drugs... :sarcasm:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I might be one of the few brits that hates soccer. When I was a kid, I kept shoulder checking kids so my parents took me out of soccer and put me in hockey, then later rugby in high school and american football.

I just liked hitting people in sports.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Just had this trade proposed to me in Fantasy Hockey. He will give me:

Shattenkirk
Pietrangelo
Cam Talbot

He wants from me:

Scheifele
Crosby

Not quite sure what to say

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
I mean, is he f***ing joking! I went to see who else he has to maybe counter but he has nothing even worth a trade for Scheifele never mind Sid :laugh:

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Not sure if this is the place to talk about it, but the bids are in for Amazon's second HQ.

'Moody's ranks Pittsburgh fifth on a list of the top 10 metro markets in the bidding for the second headquarters.

Austin, Texas, tops the list, followed by Atlanta, Philadelphia, and Rochester, New York.
They ranked the cities based on such things as credit ratings, tax policies and economic incentives.

But when you factor in geography, Moody's officials say Pittsburgh shoots to No. 2 on the list.'

http://www.wpxi.com/news/top-storie...tential-to-land-amazon-headquarters/625593684

I kind of think that sports give the city a nice edge. Especially hockey. The NHL, and especially the Pens, would be very attractive to an outfit like Google with lots of young employees. The outdoor activities from several ski resorts to white water rafting and on and on, rivers with lots of potential, I just do not get what Austin would have over us. Add to it that Texas would give Google another western orientation and I am liking the chances. Just imagine what would happen to this town if they moved in. Almost everything would change. The Nuttings likely still would not spend money, but everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad